Getting super glue off of paint...

CuttySup

you could try heating up the spot and scrapeing it off with something

or you could try nailpolish remover, however i'm not sure if it will or will not harn your paint

you could try heating up the spot and scrapeing it off with something

or you could try nailpolish remover, however i'm not sure if it will or will not harn your paint

i wouldnt do the nailpolish thing. Im not sure if this is true, but when we bought our 84 Monte SS, there's a spot on the hood where the paint and primer got eaten away and its just bare metal showing(maybe still a coat of primer?) and the owner said it was from nail polish remover. im not sure if that's the truth or not though.

do NOT use a heatgun, or even keep the hair drier over the area too long.

:lol: I saw your personal experience with that one on your cardomain site :lol:

:lol: luckily that was only plastic, and it DID "buff out" :lol: was pissed as hell when I first did that though. after that I'd be really sketchy about doing something similar to a painted surface.

i wouldnt do the nailpolish thing. Im not sure if this is true, but when we bought our 84 Monte SS, there's a spot on the hood where the paint and primer got eaten away and its just bare metal showing(maybe still a coat of primer?) and the owner said it was from nail polish remover. im not sure if that's the truth or not though.

I wouldn't doubt it.. I'd never let that stuff touch paint.

try with the wd40 first because it's non corrosive, use a credit card to scrape it, DON't use nail polish remover because that is acetone and it will melt the paint right off your car.

do NOT use a heatgun, or even keep the hair drier over the area too long.

:lol: I saw your personal experience with that one on your cardomain site :lol:

Yea I saw that a while ago also. The same thing almost happened to me when I was trying to take off the gold olympic badges on the sides and back of my car. Good thing I thought about it first though :lol:

Okay, thanks for the suggestions. Now I guess I should let everyone know how iit happened. It's kinda stupid, actually. When I was pulling out of my garage I hit the side and tore off my outside mirror (luckilly that was the only damage!). Then I tried to reattach it.

try with the wd40 first because it's non corrosive, use a credit card to scrape it, DON't use nail polish remover because that is acetone and it will melt the paint right off your car.

Wha??? I think someone's been watching too much CSI Miami.

Acetone doesn't do crap to enamel.

Wha??? I think someone's been watching too much CSI Miami.

Acetone doesn't do crap to enamel.

I think someone ELSE has been watching too much CSI Miami to even KNOW that! :twisted: