New Blazertech 2600's

harrydunn

Got the Blazertech 2600 driving lights in and they look great (eBay $13.00 plus shipping). I do have one question. On the bottom side of each lens housing there are two small holes which would let water, etc. directly into the lens housing. This doesn't thrill me a great deal since that's how my stock fogs crapped out (crack letting water in). Should I fill these holes in with something? I wouldn't think they are for vent purposes.

Thanks.

As long as you have the holes pointed down, gravity will take care of the "moisture problem" :D ...

You figure that when the lenses are cold, no matter how well they're sealed up, as soon as you turn on the lights, BAM, lense starts to heat up and moisture starts to form. That moisture has to have somewhere to go, and it's better to have it drain out than to keep it bottled in...

those holes are there to let moisture come out. Just so long as they are on the bottom, they shouldn't be a problem. I thought the same thing on my old pilot driving lights and tried to fill them in with silicone, it just made moisture worse, because it couldn't escape.

Guest TurboSedan

well i read the other post about this and wanted to add to the part about solder/shrinkwrap. do yourself a favor and buy a Bernzomatic pen torch! these things KICK ASS for soldering wires together and also heating the shrinkwrap around the wire after the connection is made. i couldn't even imagine using a soldering gun to do any wire-to-wire solder connections.

soldering guns are for circuit boards! i've used my Bernzomatic pen torch to install my boost and A/F gauges, install my stereo, fix wiring harnesses, UB3 cluster upgrade, and basically any soldering that has to do with splicing wires together. the only time i've ever used my soldering gun is when i fixed my keyless entry reciever (circuit board). the Bernzomatic pen torch is only like $10 from the hardware store and it's an invaluable tool IMO 8)