Rattling noise

dsgrntld187

Hey guys, theres a rattling noise coming from the rear of my car when I go over bumps. I'm 99% sure its the struts, but what else could it be? I don't want to replace my struts till FFP comes out with the coilover struts for the front too. There was a question somewhere in there..

I've done that, everythings tightened down, no heat shields left (to speak of at least), and the only loose thing was my p/s pulley, but it was doing it before I put that in there. If its my struts, I don't really care, but I don't want to put money into it till next spring.

why dont you get the rear leaf pucks?

because my whole monoleaf is shot. the back of my car sags. i only have two small tool bags, a jack, and a small socket set in my trunk too.

I had a bad rattle too, but replacing the strut mounts didn't fix the problem. After I replaced the struts themselves, the problem went away, but even now I still hear a little rattle over really bad bumps.

how to you know its shot? Im gonna get the puck things tommorow, my back ends lower then the front but I dont think its fuxord

how are the bushings on the end of the monoleaf somehow strengthen the monoleaf and raise the back of the car to it's correct heigth?

I had one similar noise on my 89 . I could not find it until i accidently hit the gas tank while i was under the car . It seem like the plastic baffles inside the tank are broken or loose, and they vibrate when going over bump . And i'm not repairing it until i have to change the gas pump. The wife is driving it and she's not complaining so.

One thing you might look for that happened to me... you don't even have to jack it up to see, just get a flashlight (of go out if it's like noon) and look at where the strut goes into the mount. Just make sure the strut is still in the strut mount... my mount gave way and the strut and center of the mount were kindof hanging out all around the top of my wheel well. Just something to look at real quick...

Mike

Fucking hell its confusing down there. I turned in this place that looked like a driveway and I ended up hitting a 2-3inch tall curb, but they were done way before that.

Fucking hell its confusing down there. I turned in this place that looked like a driveway and I ended up hitting a 2-3inch tall curb, but they were done way before that.

the city isn't laid out very well, that's for sure