Upper vents die under acceleration

GutlessSupreme

I've noticed it for a while now but it seems to have gotten worse in the past few days.. basically if I have the heat on full blast, it's pumping out fine, then if I hit the pedal it just cuts out. I haven't noticed if it cuts to the floor too. The blowers are definetly still running, just have nothing coming out of the dash vents.

wtf mate?

I think it was said before that this might be because of a minor vacuum leak somewhere? (think Brian said it)

I had the identical problem. It was a vacuum line which was routed around the battery area.

While I was in there, I also replaced a little doohickey that consisted of a splitter and some form of one-way valve. Go on a junkyard run and pocket a few -- not worth paying the dealership $10 for.

I had the identical problem. It was a vacuum line which was routed around the battery area.

While I was in there, I also replaced a little doohickey that consisted of a splitter and some form of one-way valve. Go on a junkyard run and pocket a few -- not worth paying the dealership $10 for.

Thats what I replaced when I had the same problem. Its plastic and eventually cracks.

"Vacuum Check Valve" It is a one way valve, they crack a lot under the hot conditions under the hood.

Whenever I start messing with vacuum leaks, I usually buy a spool of vacuum line from the parts store and re-line the whole thing while I'm there.

If you can get your hands on a vacuum gauge it would be a good idea to check the vacuum canister in the fender to make sure it's not leaking.

It's also kind of interesting to use it to see how the other components react to vacuum. That's what I did when I had to chase down a vacuum leak in the Beretta. Started at the source (intake) and worked my way around the system, applying vacuum, and seeing if it holds.

One thing to keep in mind though is that the cruise diaphram will not hold vacuum until the cruise is engaged, that caught me up when I was messing with mine.

Good luck!