Newbie needing help 92 GP SE

92_gpsewv

Im new to the group, I have a 92 Pont. GP SE 2dr that i bought 2 months ago with 108,000miles. A few weeks ago the drivers exterior door handle wouldnt open from the outside, i put off fixing it, thinking i could replace the handle this weekend. The passenger side was sticking a little bit, and now the passenger side wont open. I cant even get in the car, even though both doors are showing unlocked from the inside. Has anybody had this happen and does anybody know a way i can get back in?

I think the only thing in the trunk is the back of the center armrest and ive never really looked at it from the inside, maybe it pops out? No sunroof here, thanks for the info.

Thats about the only way you're going to get it. The door handles on the coupes are very prone to breaking, leaving you in the situation you now seem to be in. If you feel them getting weak, its best to replace them before the inevitable happens.

The trunk is about your only option, unless you can somehow jerryrig a clothes hanger or something and get between the door and pull the door handle from the inside. Or if you've got a remote starter, start the car, use the hanger to roll down the window and get in that way.

you could resort to more onorthadox methods, get creative what i'd do break the handle off as much as you can and the une a screw driver or pliers to work whats left of it.

As soon as the drivers door handle broke on my 88 regal, I removed the entire thing, just in case i couldn't open up the other door. Sure enough, The rod the opens the door came off the hanlde. Anyways, when you have the handle off the car, there is a rod that you will have to push down on to open the door.