Performance for the old 3.1 V6? Turned into brake question..

1990lumina

turbo3.1 setup....couple that with fastfwdperformance and a boost controller and low 14's/high 13's is possible....then lose some weight(w bodies are fatties) and dont autocross(poor handling & worse brakes....on a side note i have only driven one car w/ worse breaks thean a w body and that was a non-SHO Taurus. Actually those cars are really worse in every possible manner.

even the early current-gen Taurus had bad brakes. drive a '96 Taurus for example, and hope the car stops

Guest TurboSedan
turbo3.1 setup....couple that with fastfwdperformance and a boost controller and low 14's/high 13's is possible....then lose some weight(w bodies are fatties)

:werd:

throw a $25 grainger valve on a TGP from M&M Racing and i'm sure you'd see huge gains.

Ive never been impressed my W body brakes, but Ive never really been concerned with how they wont lock up wheels on dry pavement. I dont know why you think thats so important, W's dont handle so I hope you're not auto crossing this thing. If you want more peformance, you'll have to pretty much get into the motor to get it

I would disagree on the fact that W-Bodies don't handle. My 88 Regal, When I have my 225/60/14's on seems to handle better than anything that I have ever driven(Except for a corvette). Very little body roll, and not a chirp out of the tires, even at over 60mph. And according to the SPID tag, The car has the FE1 suspension. And the brakes stop on a fu*king dime. Plus, they can Lock up all four wheels on dry pavement. I guess that maybe, every W is different. SOme better than others.

Ive never been impressed my W body brakes, but Ive never really been concerned with how they wont lock up wheels on dry pavement. I dont know why you think thats so important, W's dont handle so I hope you're not auto crossing this thing. If you want more peformance, you'll have to pretty much get into the motor to get it

I would disagree on the fact that W-Bodies don't handle. My 88 Regal, When I have my 225/60/14's on seems to handle better than anything that I have ever driven(Except for a corvette). Very little body roll, and not a chirp out of the tires, even at over 60mph. And according to the SPID tag, The car has the FE1 suspension. And the brakes stop on a fu*king dime. Plus, they can Lock up all four wheels on dry pavement. I guess that maybe, every W is different. SOme better than others.

If you have FE1, then you have a lot of body roll