Roadside Asisstance

CuttySup

I was just wondering, I have a sticker on my car that says Oldsmobile Customer Service, 24-hour Roadside Assistance, with a number: 1-800-442-OLDS. Does that service expire, or is it for the life of the vehicle? Or does it expire with the company?

From oldsmobile.com

Oldsmobile Roadside Assistance

Program Features and Benefits

The Oldsmobile Roadside Assistance program means help is just a toll-free call away -- 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Courteous and capable Customer Assistance Representatives are on-call to provide you with prompt assistance.

24-Hour Oldsmobile Roadside Assistance Telephone Number

1-800-442-OLDS(6537) is the one number to call for assistance in the United States. Trained Customer Assistance Representatives, on-call to render assistance to Oldsmobile drivers, can dispatch roadside assistance and towing service, locate the nearest Oldsmobile retail facility, take your request for an Oldsmobile computerized trip routing or simply answer any questions the Oldsmobile driver may have about the coverage provided by your Oldsmobile Roadside Assistance Program. The Oldsmobile Roadside Assistance number is fully staffed and operational 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.

Who Is Covered?

Oldsmobile Roadside Assistance covers all Oldsmobile vehicles.*

Coverage is for the Oldsmobile vehilce, regardless of the driver, and is concurrent with the Bumper to Bumper warranty period.

Oldsmobile reserves the right to limit services or reimbursement to an owner or driver when, in Oldsmobile's judgement, the claims become excessive in frequency or type of occurrence.

*Vehicles sold in Canada have a separate roadside assistance program, as described in the Owner's Manual.

so concurrent to the bumper to bumper warranty would mean that it's void after the 3year/36,000 mile warranty, correct?

You're correct. I always thought that you could still call after it's up, but you'll get charged out the ass(I'll ask my parents, I think they called for my 93 GP once when they had the keys locked in the car...after the warranty was up :lol: ) though.

I actually called Pontiac roadside assistance when I wanted to know how long the spare should last and if it was safe to drive on after 15 years. They were honestly helpful, but I think the girl on the line got a kick out of it.

I actually called Pontiac roadside assistance when I wanted to know how long the spare should last and if it was safe to drive on after 15 years. They were honestly helpful, but I think the girl on the line got a kick out of it.

it should be good. mine worked fine when i needed it.

i've seen low-mile 60's muscle cars with the original tires at shows and shit so i assume a 15 yr old spare would be good