DHP releases pcm for 96 3100 vehicles!!!

sl3196

Bout time eh?

http://www.digitalhorsepowerinc.com/V6_SupportedVehicles_11232004.xls

Clubgp thread (note: beyerch is a dhp guy):

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=1844922&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

Also you can use the same programmer the 97+ guys use.

http://www.digitalhorsepowerinc.com/home_index.htm

FEATURES:

- Speed limiter removed

- 3-1 and 4-2 skip shifts (Active in performance shift mode only*)

- Transmission line pressure increased (Active in performance shift mode only*)

- Shift points moved (5800-6000rpms) (Active in performance shift mode only*)

- Fan turn on points altered:

- 186 degree turn on

- 2 minute fan on at key-off (this feature activates when engine coolant is 179 degrees or greater)*Does not apply to 2000-2003 Monte SS

- MAF calibration adjusted for proper operation and year

- Digital Horsepower Inc. fuel/spark adjustments:

- En-richens fuel delivery for critical problem areas

- Provides a consistent power gain across the entire power band

- Reduces spark retard (knock retard)

- Removes "40MPH WOT lag"

- Dynamometer testing has shown up to 20 HP gain in 60 degree temperatures on a development vehicle. Click here to view the dyno results and detailed explanation.

*NOTE: Cars without the performance shift button will require a wiring harness modification for these shifting features to be enabled.

I'm not sure about the performance shift stuff on the 3100's. You would have to email them.

I'm asuming $215 plus $100 core charge. (that's what the 97+ pcm's go for) Isn't 95 the obd 1.5 year?

I'm not really sure what '95 is.. I thought '94 was 1.5, then I always hear how '96+ is II, I assume '95 is II too... we only call '94 the bitch year

ok...well, i can't get that list to open... :? ...i dunno what the heck i'm supposed to open it with...maybe my computer is just too old... :roll: ...anywayz...does this mean they'll be makin one for my '97 Cutlass Supreme 3100?!?...and, if so...what will this do!?

ok...well, i can't get that list to open... :? ...i dunno what the heck i'm supposed to open it with...maybe my computer is just too old... :roll: ...anywayz...does this mean they'll be makin one for my '97 Cutlass Supreme 3100?!?...and, if so...what will this do!?

You need to have Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet program that can read .xls format files installed on your computer.

Yes, they do make one for your '97.

And what will it do, well I don't know yet either.

You need Microsoft Excel. I opened it, and they have PCM's for a ton of GM vehicles 1996-2004. And yes, the 97 Cutty 3100 is listed...

You need to have Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet program that can read .xls format files installed on your computer.

ok thanx... :wink: ...i don't have excel or anything like that so, thats prolly why i won't work...anywayz...if you find out what its gonna do, let me know!...thanx...

DIY tuning is pretty cool......you have to know what you are doing.........I'll admit it, I don't know everything about tuning.

All 1996+ models are OBD-II.....thats the law.

Every 1995 model I've seen has been OBD-I.......I don't know what you guys mean about OBD 1.5......its pretty straight forward, either it is or it isn't.

It mainly comes down to emissions........OBD-II cars have an oxygen sensor after the cat as well. They also have the ability to be reflashed....which is what DHP does. The 1995s and older use either a memcal style chip (3.1L MFI), or a flash (3100)........but DHP has already stated previously they are NOT going to support OBDI vehichles .

I've been after DHP for quite sometime to get something made......looks like I might have to buy one know......I fucking hate my governor (135+mph is SO much nicer than 107mph).

What they mean by OBD 1.5 is that it's a OBD-I computer, but with the OBD-II plug under the dash.

Bingo.

I've been after DHP for quite sometime to get something made......looks like I might have to buy one know......I fucking hate my governor (135+mph is SO much nicer than 107mph).

Why do you honestly need to go faster than 107?

Shawn

ok thanx... :wink: ...i don't have excel or anything like that so, thats prolly why i won't work...anywayz...if you find out what its gonna do, let me know!...thanx...

you can download a .xls viewer form Microsoft

Why do you honestly need to go faster than 107?

Shawn

You could say the same thing about ANY speed (25...35....55 mph etc)..........as soon as you get into a car you have the chance to kill someone; yourself OR others.

But aside from that, I should point out that Iowa isn't exactly built up :wink: .......and frankly, I'm SICK of having a close highway race that ends in a loss for me once I head-but my governor (which I can do from a standing start in a little over 20 seconds):

3400 Beretta Governor Run

Also.......my car has SOOO much more potential. With the VSS pulled, it ran a GPS verified 140mph in 3rd gear (right near the rev limiter) with a light tailwind.....

Throw in the fact that I actually DO have a proper roadcourse nearby (MAM...Mid America Motorplex) that I plan on attending at some point, and you can see why I want this thing GONE.

Either way, 107mph is gay.

:D

This is way overdue! As I read through the list(features) that Dan gave us I see lots of upgrades over the stock PCM. For someone who is serious about mods then you have to spend the cash for this chip.

• 2 weeks later...
Has any one ordered a DHP pcm for a 1996 or older W-Body yet?

i don't see any real reasons on getting a comp unless your not in it for the speed but are in it for the desire of improvement, or, looking todo a F/I setup ....

i don't see any real reasons on getting a comp unless your not in it for the speed but are in it for the desire of improvement, or, looking todo a F/I setup ....

What, to scared to do your own tuning?

You realise that the stock shiftpoints for the 3100/4T60-E combo leave a lot to be desired where performance is concerned right? Just raising the stock 5500-5600rpm 1-2 shift to 5850-5900rpm for stock cars or ~6K for lightly modded ones would be good for something like a 1/10th in the 1/4. Likewise the 2-3 shift could go from it's current 5400-5500rpm to 5700rpm for stock vehicles and again as high as 5900-6Krpm for those with mods that increase the top end enough (this also ENSURES that you won't have a time adding shift RIGHT before the traps in the 1/4).

Throw in a more agressive kickdown strategy and gear skipping capability on downshifts and you will have a MUCH better performing car overall...............

And that's without even touching the fuel maps or ignition (for more power).

I'd say the DHP Powertuner is a DAMN good mod (and one I'll be getting VERY soon for the Beretta).