well i fixed some thing lol

LarryMartin830

well about after 5 days of my mom having her cutty she broke the driver side door handel i couldn't find one in a junk yard so i went to a junk yard to day all the had was an 89 GP 2 door i took the door handel off the hole black thing. well to say it works on my moms 93 cutlass

does it fit right???

i know it will "work" but..........

yes it fits right looks like stock

thats good to know...just in case! :wink:

i was talking to some people about the handels on a cutlass they say thats the first thing that brakes because how heavy the doors are

All the factory handles on the w-body coupes are going to break prematurely. The aftermarket handles are supposedly reinforced or use something other than shitty potmetal, so they're going to last much longer. If you picked up a handle from an old Grand Prix, I'll pretty much bet its going to break in the somewhat distant future.

my door handles are original and both work fine *shrugs*

:lol:

weellllll It always depends on WHO uses them and HOW they use them. I know you know that! If you get these people that use them to fully open the door, then yeah, they'll break quickly.. But if you use the handle to pop it open, then pull the door open the rest of the way from some other point on the door, it'll last bazillion times longer.

I've replaced like 3 on my 88', then again they were from the junkyard so they must not have had much life left in them. At least one of them broke from the inside :roll: . Anyways I have extras now from stripping it off the car. Zero breakage on the 95 so far! 8)

This one kid I used to hang out with used to slam my doors so freaking hard when he got out or in my car. I used to always bitch at him about it and he would always forget :x So I bet my passanger side is weak as hell :lol:

Funny thing is he broke the armrest on his drivers side door in his S-10. I know what it was from :lol:

So I bet my passanger side is weak as hell :lol:

You don't have anything to worry about. It's just the coupes with the vertical handles that are the most prone to breakage.

Speaking of which, both of my 95's are holding up suprisingly well. Maybe GM improved upon the design by 95 :shrug: ?

So I bet my passanger side is weak as hell :lol:

You don't have anything to worry about. It's just the coupes with the vertical handles that are the most prone to breakage.

Speaking of which, both of my 95's are holding up suprisingly well. Maybe GM improved upon the design by 95 :shrug: ?

Oh thats good to hear. I forgot about those vertical handles that they have. Just another reason I love my Regal :lol:

Oh thats good to hear. I forgot about those vertical handles that they have. Just another reason I love my Regal :lol:

Well, the regal coupes have them too. But just think, all the money you saved on door handles, you gotta put into getting your motor rebuilt.

:joke:

Well, the regal coupes have them too. But just think, all the money you saved on door handles, you gotta put into getting your motor rebuilt.

:joke:

Well at least I should have a dependable car now. Exept transmision :?

yea, as long as it was rebuilt properly, also, you should see if he would give you a warranty on his work. FWIW, my GS has about 376000kms(236000)miles on the original, untouched tranny.(Except for Fluid/filter changes)

i must admit i see ALOT of sedans with broken handles too, i think tehy are made from the same potmetal, however they don't break as often due to that sedan doors are much lighter

yea, as long as it was rebuilt properly, also, you should see if he would give you a warranty on his work. FWIW, my GS has about 376000kms(236000)miles on the original, untouched tranny.(Except for Fluid/filter changes)

How hard is it to change tranny fluid and filter? I dont think mines ever been changed?

drop the pan, get soaked in tranny fluid

remove old filter

install new filter

clean gasket area on tranny and pan

replace pan with a new gasket

put in some tranny fluid

turn car on and check level in neutral, add fluid as needed

Bullshit on the sedan handles being fine. I can attest to the fact they're just as shitty as their coupe counterparts.

No doubt. Mine has been broken for a year now. I'm getting really good at opening the drivers door from the back seat.