DUAL EXHAUST IDEAS WANTED...

CuttySup

Haha. I am. Not for a while though. The motor is still on my engine stand fully assembled. The only thing i got around to doing was removing the wiring harness and taking pictures of that along with all the vacuum lines. Over my break ill be working on that a little more. For now my 3.1 is my torque work horse :lol:

I was thinking about a Camaro setup, but I forgot about my spare tire well and didn't think it would fit. Is that Camaro muffler/exit pipes a direct bolt-up (minus the extra bending from the downpipe)?

i got a question...can you see the muffler hanging down under the car just from lookin @ the back of the car!?... :roll: ...cause it seems from your pic to be lower than the spare tire well!?... :? and, also, be sure to get some sound clips sometime!!...i would really like to hear it... :wink:

The only time you see it is if your like 20ft away from the car. It hangs about 2-3" lower than the spare tire. Anything closer and the angle of view is steep enough that the spare tire and rear bumper block it. Being where its placed, pretty much between the tires, i loose virtually no ground clearance for going speed bumps and such.

I would have never done what i did and spent if i was only going to run mid16s. My goal is 15s with the motor staying all gen2. I have another motor that im doing so im not going to go crazy with this one. Just have some fun with it then sell it off.

I Know. When i did this motor there were only like a handfull of people who had done internal work. 60degreeV6 didnt even exist. We were using at the time that old message type forum. Im sure you remember the one. But anyways, i didnt know and my machinist said 10:1 was right around the max i could go on pump gas. I think i can hit the 15 mark with the full 2.5" exhaust with downpipe down and 3x00 1.6 rockers...

I Know. When i did this motor there were only like a handfull of people who had done internal work. 60degreeV6 didnt even exist. We were using at the time that old message type forum. Im sure you remember the one. But anyways, i didnt know and my machinist said 10:1 was right around the max i could go on pump gas. I think i can hit the 15 mark with the full 2.5" exhaust with downpipe down and 3x00 1.6 rockers...

you mean you don't have the whole exhaust done? What size is your downpipe, stock? Stock is 2" even a little less, that's probably a nice chunk of factor holding you back.

Yup, its still 2". It hurts to look at it especially at the bends. When i did the catback i noticed a big difference everywhere in the power band so im sure ill notice the same when i do the DP. The only pain is that the downpipe has two quick bends in it so i may have to have a shop bend a single stick for me. Ill also be replacing my 2.25" catco with a 2.5" dynomax cat.

I really like how mine sounds, granted its a LQ1 so it probably sounds different than a pushrod, but im running dual magnaflow mufflers with a 18" magnapack and a carsound cat. 2.5" all the way back with two single 3" stainless tips.

415413_28.jpg

415413_8.jpg

Yup, its still 2". It hurts to look at it especially at the bends. When i did the catback i noticed a big difference everywhere in the power band so im sure ill notice the same when i do the DP. The only pain is that the downpipe has two quick bends in it so i may have to have a shop bend a single stick for me. Ill also be replacing my 2.25" catco with a 2.5" dynomax cat.

I had a 2.5" DP made for my old Cutlass, but I didn't have a stock one to throw on there to get it to the JY, so I had to junk it with it. Otherwise I woulda given it to you. The shop bent a single piece based on the original.

Thats what i had planned, have a shop bend a pipe to the original. Im just going to get a pipe from a JY incase for whatever reason the bent up one doesnt fit right. When you did yours, did you just weld the stock 2bolt flange onto the 2.5" piping?

Thats what i had planned, have a shop bend a pipe to the original. Im just going to get a pipe from a JY incase for whatever reason the bent up one doesnt fit right. When you did yours, did you just weld the stock 2bolt flange onto the 2.5" piping?

Yeah, they stretched out the area after where the donut gasket sits. It was a pretty smooth transition.