free VIN information

1BADVR4

Anybody that wants free VIN information on their vehicle, just PM me your VIN number. I can provide you with:

-warranty claim history

-build data

-delivery information

-warranty information

-recall information

Give me some time because I will probably get overloaded with VINs at first. Please specify which information you are looking for.

This information is stored in the Vehicle Inquiry System for 10 years unless there is an open recall. Vehicles 1994 and older may not be in the system, but I can try.

VIN: 1G1JC5247W7283448

THANKS!!!!

I PMed your info. You have an open recall that could (in rare cases) result in a steering column fire if you had trouble cranking the vehicle and held the key too long. Go to the dealer.

THANKS!!!!

I PMed your info. You have an open recall that could (in rare cases) result in a steering column fire if you had trouble cranking the vehicle and held the key too long. Go to the dealer.

:shock: HOLY SHIT!!! :willynilly: ...i think i'll send you my vin now...i don't want my car to catch on fire :(

THANKS!!!!

I see its a J body (sunfire or Cavy).......so its either a 2.2 or 2.4TC.......all that is done is another relay is put in the control side of the starter circuit. There will be a nasty relay mounted to your radiator support.

I work at a dealership.....how did you gain access to VIS, VR4?

TSBs really aren't to big of a problem.........if you have an issue with your car.....ask.......I (or anyone else with access to SI) can look up those for any from 1980 on.

All you guys have to do is walk into a dealership.......or call them up and talk to the service department........they'd be glad to give you the information right off VIS.

THANKS!!!!

I see its a J body (sunfire or Cavy).......so its either a 2.2 or 2.4TC.......all that is done is another relay is put in the control side of the starter circuit. There will be a nasty relay mounted to your radiator support.

I work at a dealership.....how did you gain access to VIS, VR4?

TSBs really aren't to big of a problem.........if you have an issue with your car.....ask.......I (or anyone else with access to SI) can look up those for any from 1980 on.

All you guys have to do is walk into a dealership.......or call them up and talk to the service department........they'd be glad to give you the information right off VIS.

I have access to VIS because I also work at a dealership. Not everybody knows they can walk into a dealer and get this, that is why I am am helping the forum by doing it here also. I have found a couple with open recalls.

P.S. I bought my VR4 in Ames, IA.