Got my car back today

Robby1870

Got my car back after having the tranny rebuilt and a new driver's side wheel hub put in. Im VERY pleased with the new tranny. It shifts just like my old 92 and the shifts are firm. They even installed a new adj. modulator and gave me the old one back. All in all, $1308 for the whole job. Not too bad. It was a total rebuild. Glad to have my car back. Im going to get my new Goodyear GT-HRs 235/55/16s put on in an hour or two. Brand new car for me!!!!!!

:thumbsup: nice work man. 1300 aint too bad for a rebuilt tranny. It must be nice having a trany that feels like new.

I wonder how my Regal will feel after the engine rebuild :think:

Anyway is a rebuilt tranny better than a new one? Because ive heard that a rebuilt engine will last longer than the original?

Anyway is a rebuilt tranny better than a new one? Because ive heard that a rebuilt engine will last longer than the original?

Well, it all depends, if you had an engine that had some machining flaws in it from factory, than it probably would last longer than the original. Same thing with the tranny, I've seen some factory ones that quit after 50000 miles, get rebuilt and never have another problem. I've also seen some that go after 150000miles, get rebuilt, and go again after 10000miles.

The original one lasted 164K. They rebuilt this one with better clutches, better bands, and stronger parts, so I'd say it should last longer. I just got my tires on. Very nice tires so far, LOTS of tread depth.

Because ive heard that a rebuilt engine will last longer than the original?

what dumbass told you that?

:lol: some guy from my work that likes to work on older trucks. That sucks ass if its not true becasue then Ill only have another 93k or less with this one.

it all depends hokem, if the shop does a shitty build on it, then thats a factor, and how you run it is another big factor, and how its broken in, and how well its kept up, and so on. i mean i hear storys all the time of 3800s going 250-300+k, then yours goes at 93k. theres no scientific record of how long it will last