Cutty Trunk Lid

skiiirt

I have been noticing my cutlass is a little different in appearance from the average around here.

475216_6_full.jpg

What I am talking about is the back trunk lid cover. I cannot find any other cutlass in my city that has this identical back end My oldsmobile rocket appears to be painted on. They all have either a oldsmobile rocket decal (the actual decal in the back) or no logo at all just they have an oldsmobile written on it in the bottom right corner of the trunk lid. Can anyone tell me why this is? Is it a '92/international thing or what.

just curious

I think its a general 92 and previous years thing. You can get them on ebay, or you could before. Mine has an emblem in it. If I find one thats painted, do you want me to let you know or are you content with the black one?

1992 model year only got that rear end. "90-91 was similar to yours, but the taillights and fake reverse bar were of a different style. '93 got the body-colored trunk piece.

'92 SL also had unique side lower cladding. The "ribs" fade away in the middle of the car. Early '93s might have gotten them too.

I have been noticing my cutlass is a little different in appearance from the average around here.

475216_6_full.jpg

What I am talking about is the back trunk lid cover. I cannot find any other cutlass in my city that has this identical back end My oldsmobile rocket appears to be painted on. They all have either a oldsmobile rocket decal (the actual decal in the back) or no logo at all just they have an oldsmobile written on it in the bottom right corner of the trunk lid. Can anyone tell me why this is? Is it a '92/international thing or what.

just curious

My '92 is like that too, just the silver logo painted on or whatever on the black panel.. on a lot of others I see, that panel is painted body color and the logo looks like it's an actual badge. I definetly would've gotten one of those panels by now, but I think the white panel looks like shit. If I had a dark colored car I would've gotten it... looks 10x better.