Hud in a 94 cutlass?

toastemcutlass

Does any body know whats involed with the hud system. I believe my year came with them but of course mine does not have it. I think their awsome and didn't know if gm included the harness under the dash or even if it would be possible.

Guest TurboSedan

if your car has DIC and/or ACC, then more than likely your car is wired for it already. my car wasn't and i had to wire the HUD plug in. it wasn't that hard at all. i have a 'tech article' on my website about installing the HUD.

joshua

94 CS didnt have a DIC as an option but you may have a plug for HUD but it you dont have it, try getting a 1st generation HUD for it since they have a build in heigh adjust and its easier to connect them and you can see them better then 2nd generation. I was going to install a HUD in my 94 CS convertible but i didnt have that car long enough so instead my 88 CS has it and i love it. 8)

The 1st gen HUD (88-90) was built better (all glass), but IMO, the 2nd gen 91-94 looks a lot better. Not as tall, a bit more rounded, and smaller.

I have a complete 94 HUD setting I'm installing in my '89. You can get just the HUD and cut a hole in the top of your dash and find a custom way to hold it in, or the easier way would be to do what I did, and get the complete upper dash pad and all the metal mounting brackets.

I don't think it's that complicated, about 9-wires to hook up to the HUD, and 5-wires on the controller. All but 4 of the HUD wires connect to various wires on the cluster harness. So far I have that much done, then it started getting too cold to be outside. After that I had to go back to work and don't have time to mess with it till the weekend. :(

Overall, I think it's easier than hooking up an alarm or remote start. The only planning you have to do is figuring out where you're going to splice into the factory harness. If you have the HUD connector already, you're lucky because it'd just be all bolt on if you get the proper upper dash pad and brackets.