is this 89 worth it??

dale32

without seeing pics of it i'd say at $3000 tops for it...but that would be almost flawless condition. it sounds that way with only 83K miles...holy cow that'd be a gem to have! :D i mean come on it only has 83K miles and it's rare as hell, it has to be worth at least that.

Guest TurboSedan
i mean come on it only has 83K miles and it's rare as hell, it has to be worth at least that.

:withstupid:

although alot of people here have bought nice TGPs for much less than that so $3500 does seem pretty high.

My STE has 69k on it when I bought it for $1800. It was (and still is) a nice car. The TGP coupe we have was $1500 with 103k on it and it is a nice car as well. If it was a FLAWLESS 83k TGP then I can see it being worth $3k, but not more. However, I'm thinking its not flawless...they all have problems.

Shawn

I say it worth 3K if nothing is wrong with it...meaning that..theres no check light on...No Brake lights on (PMIII), everthing works. No major cosmatic damage..IE..badly torn drivers seat, or hardend leather(normal weare only..but no major stuff), No white smoke...or any smoke. Tranny shifts without any problems. Like any used car buy..negotiate.

I paid 400 for my TGP..but it needed a compleate tear down. It was undrivable. It was my goal anyway to completely mod a tgp..so this was a perfect opertunity for me. Most everone I know bought theirs cheap cuz member to member discounts :wink: .., trashed PMIIIs and , bad Trans. Others are lucky their sellers didn't know or care what a TGP was. Yes..were cheap skates :lol: . ..ain't that sad :cry: :lol:

If its truly a very clean, nice TGP with nothing wrong. Its worth $3500.These cars have hit bottom in value, they arent going any lower. The fact that its under a 100k mile nice car, puts it in the minority already for a TGP. Sure you'll hear of the great deals some got fo their TGP but it was just that....A deal. What can you buy for $3500 these days that equals the TGP in comfort, performance, reliability and options? So go negotiate the deal with the dealer, you may be sorry that you let it get away If you hold out just because someone bought their car for less. None of us can tell you what the car is worth. Whats it worth to you? Less than 100K mile nice TGPs are more and more rare as each year passes.

Rick Young

1989 TGP 29k original miles and loves the Top Gun chip

I paid $1,000 for my TGP with 230k miles on it. So far, the only things that look replaced are the alternator and tires. Of course, just now my power antenna quit on me, but considering the mileage and how old it is, that's not bad at all. Everything else works. Much better than my money-pit Corvette I had.

If you are going to buy it and resell it in a few years, that kind of money is a bit high. If you want to keep it and enjoy it for a while, pay what you are comfortable paying without worrying about it's true "value" according to the books.

So far, the TGP has been the best of about 8 cars I have owned. I love it to death, and plan to hang on to it.

Yep.. totally serious. Considering some of the things I was looking at, $1k for this TGP was a bargain, I felt.

Original engine and tubo, etc. The only things wrong with it are the driver's seat is a little worn on the side bolsters and the power antenna finally quit on me. It is the perfect combination of everything I was looking for. Keep in mind that I had just come out of a serious love-hate relationship with a 88 Corvette convertible that ate me alive in payments, insurance and repairs.