interior lighting.

GPRACER

Just curious, Those of you who have fully loaded versions of the Grand Prix 94-96, where are all the lights located? Do you have map lights, and/or lights on the visor's?

My car had only a dome light in the roof and a light under the drivers and passengers feet, and a glove compartment light. I have the reflectors in the doors, but no lights until today.

I recently had a door panel off to free a frozen and sticking lock mechanism, and I noticed that there are powered wires in all four doors going to the red lenses, BUT, there are no socket's or bulbs, The correct GM sockets are 50 bucks each, that's 200$ for four lights. I bought 4 universal sidemarker sockets for 3 bucks each, 4 bulbs and a roll of tape. I now have lights in all 4 doors very cool, I love the factory gadgets. Cost me less than 20$, about a half hour's work and a little bit of solder, very easy upgrade.

I also priced a DIC 600$ new Canadian. Where does this item mount in a 94-96 GP anyways?

are you sure their that much. if they are the white rubber sockets you can get ones from autozone. they have a section of just sockets for fords, gms, and chrysler.

Yes, I work at a dealership and the socket assemblies are 43.65 + tax Canadian.=50$ each. so, yes I did buy the cheap ones 3 bucks each. Looks great.

The GM ones are expensive because they come with a harness , plug and the gray plastic piece behind the lens, I cut off the factory connector in the harnes and soldered in the cheaper sockets and fitted them to the existing asembly, works just fine.

My sisters 94' se coupe has lights under both sides of the dash, on both visors, in the glove box, on the rearview mirror, on the doors, and two little reading lights behind the back windows that move around. Her car has a factory moonroof so it does not have a dome light I am not sure if sedans came with the two little reading lamps in the back. It also has under hood and trunk lights.

I was surprised how many lights my cutlass has inside.

2 in the light bar (4 bulbs) (put red stage gels in these, looks pretty cool)

Map lights in the mirror

Lights in the visors

Lights on the undersides of the dash

A light in the back of the front console

My cutlass only has a dome light, glove box and underdash lights. No visor, rearview, door, trunk or underhood lights. BTW where is the under hood light on my car located because when I was looking at it before I bought it I could of swore it had one. It does have a little springy button thing like car doors use to turn interior lights on and off under the hood, and I assume thats what it is for. But I see no signs of a light fixture or bulb :?

Does anyone know what lights were standard equipment on 88' cutlass's

I got just as many as LukeZ34... except light in both visors:

2x - maps light (rear veiw mirror)

2x - underneath dash (pass + driver)

2x - vanity lights (passenger visor)

2x - courtsey light (rear above / pass + driver)

1x - backside of center console

1x - trunk

1x - hood

1x - glovebox

Imagine if I changed those all over to color match... :roll:

- RedFox340

• 2 years later...
lol, wanted to bring this back, but.... how do u replace the map reading lights on the rear view mirror

Use a penny or a thin screwdriver to pop the lense off. Then the bulb will be there.

oh ok, i figured it out when i gto bulbs, i looked in book and it said 192's. i couldnt find any, and in the book at Shuck's it said 24's. i got the 24. much much smaller, we had to bend the wires and they worked just fine, and put out a good amount of light

2 in the rear view mirror

1 trunk light

:shock: wait a sec...you have a trunk light!?...mine doesnt...but, it LOOKS like there is supposed to be one, but it just doesnt have a bulb... :? ...anyone have a pic of the trunk light on a '95-'97 cutty!?...