My Big Thanksgiving Project.

BulletGTP

Ok as some of you know I am now the proud owner of a 1994 GTP. It has a funny story of how came to own it. It was at a mechanics shop that went out of business and he was selling everything to pay his bills and gambling debt. No one wanted the car because it was sitting in the back of the garage completely covered in dust. You couldn't even tell it was red. It was awful. I was picking up some tools loaned to him by my friend and I looked and saw the air damn in the dark. I said to myself "Hmm whats this hiding back here" Having owned a 1993 GTP I always wanted another one. As soon as I looked at it I knew I had to have it. We talked some dollars and went back and fourth for a day or so and I finally got the GTP for 800.00 Dollars. As for the body, it's flawless now that I cleaned it 3 times. The interior was gross and smelled really bad until I gutted the entire interior out and shampooed everything. I mean everything.. I will say this for the 94 GTP. It is much faster than my 93 ever was and its still stock.. For Now.

So now I have this whole week off and I am going to do the following wrok.

Upper and Lower intake gaskets.

Fix the O ring oil leak.

Complete new exhaust with some SLP mufflers I have from my old GTP.

Tires and Rims. (Maybe)

Vent Shades for the door.

Relocate the coil packs.

Install my Cold Air intake.

Eat Turkey....

Bullet

Timing Belt was lready been done 3k ago. I found the the bill from the GM dealer.

I have to say I got the upper intake off and found the rip in the gasket. I dont have a lot of tools so I was worried about doing the lower intake so I left it alone, However I did replace the upper intake gasket and it still idles very high at cold start then it warms and it mostly goes back to normal but some times it idles strange. Monday I will do the uppers and lowes at my buds shop.

Isnt it kind of strange even after I replaced the upper Gaskets and spark plugs it still idles high...... No codes at all....

Any answers????

• 2 weeks later...