Alternatorparts 105A vs. 140A

pitzel

Ok, so as many here have read, I recently bought a 105A CS-130 alternator from http://www.alternatorparts.com.

The difference between the 105A and the 140A version seems to be entirely in the stator windings. The rotating exciter windings are unaltered.

Does anyone think it is possible here that http://www.alteratorparts.com is shipping the 105A and the 140A alternator as identical parts, but merely charging extra for the 140A alternator?

How much difference is there really between a stator rated for 105A versus a 140A-rated stator?

The reason I'm a bit concerned is that the voltage output seems to be a bit light on my new Iceberg CS-130 105A. Its a nice solid 14.3V when driving on the highway with the heater, radio and headlights running (according to my DIS), but collapses down to 13.5-13.9V when the car is at idle. I haven't tried doing anything drastic like leaving it idle for an hour, but I definitely like a good margin of safety, especially since I intend to drive to the east coast this winter and sleep in the car , while running, overnight.

i would expect voltage output to go down a little at idle since you putting out lower rpms. besides, thats still good output.

i doubt they are being scandalous like that but hey, you never know.

you plan on leaving your car running all night while sleeping!! what a waste of gas. just get a cheap motel room, your car will thank you for it.