1995 Cutlass good deal?

Justin

Good deal?  

1. 1. Good deal?

I kind of think it is, but I'm trying to talk a friend into it. Here's the lowdown.

bright red 2 door 95 Cutlass, 130some thousand miles, 3100, graphite leather, dual climate control, (didn't even know that was an option) 5 spoke factory rims, aftermarket GP style spoiler, factory cd player.

The flaws:

rear strut mounts clunk, runs rough but I'm sure it just needs a tune up or at worst a coil, ABS light on, center console lid hinge broken, pass. climate control knob missing, steering wheel radio controls worn but functional, turn signal switch bad, probably a few other things too but who knows.

He can get it for $2200, which seems like a great deal to me. Just thought I'd get some other opinions.

i'd offer $1900 or $2000

:withstupid: ...i mean that doesnt seem tooo bad...BUT, i think jeremy got his '97 for $500 :lol:

Well I think it depends on where you live also. Here in Arizona I cant find a nice running W-body for less that 1500. My Regal was 3500 and I see them all the time here in The AutoTraders for up to 4500 :shock:

i'd offer $1900 or $2000

:withstupid: ...i mean that doesnt seem tooo bad...BUT, i think jeremy got his '97 for $500 :lol:

Well I think it depends on where you live also. Here in Arizona I cant find a nice running W-body for less that 1500. My Regal was 3500 and I see them all the time here in The AutoTraders for up to 4500 :shock:

:lol: i paid 5k for my '97...BUT that wasnt the point... :willynilly:... i got ripped off...BUT, its all i could find around here and a cutty is what i REALLLY WANTED :drool:

i'd offer $1900 or $2000

shit. i find clean cheap w's all the time around here. there's a clean '94 CS convet selling for just under 3 near my house

:think:

cars last much longer in Arizona too. the underbody of my mom's '99 Econoline was rusted out after 3 years :thumbsdown:

i'd offer $1900 or $2000

:lol: i paid 5k for my '97...BUT that wasnt the point... :willynilly:... i got ripped off...BUT, its all i could find around here and a cutty is what i REALLLY WANTED :drool:

Damn 5 grand :shock:

How was the arse after that raping :lol:

i'd offer $1900 or $2000

:x HEY NOW!!...@ least its not a buick REGAL!! :roll: :lol:

:joke: ...oh well though...you live and learn...@ least i got what i wanted...

i'd offer $1900 or $2000

Did he kiss you when he fucked you? :lol:

j/k man...i paid $2k for mine

CS coupes are hard to find up here, but that sounds like way too much. I think it could go for that if it was flawless, or maybe I'm just a cheapass, but I wouldn't pay anywhere close to that. Where is it at?

i'd offer $1900 or $2000

:x HEY NOW!!...@ least its not a buick REGAL!!

I love my Regal and wouldent trade it for any other W.

Regals get no respect here :lol: At least I have full leather interior and lazy boy seats.

Boy if a '95 CS is only worth $1500 around here I almost don't dare try to sell my Z34 on here.

it has an undiagnosed problem that causes it to run rough and an ABS light which could be BIG bucks to get fixed....that is why I wouldn't pay a lot for it....

I agree with Jeremy, the ABS to me is a huge red flag. That could cost major money to fix. And $2200 is too high also. Even if the ABS problem was not there I would go $1200-$1500 tops.

It's at Rydells, he actually works there so that's employee price. Boy if a '95 CS is only worth $1500 around here I almost don't dare try to sell my Z34 on here.

If it's at Rydells for that price, something is surely wrong. Nothing is cheap there. I like the late 80's/early 90's cars they have in the back with 639,000 miles for 3 grand.

Unless you guys are sure its a cheap fix on those problems, I'd offer much less or steer clear. Chances are they'll tell you to go fuck yourself and send it to auction.

I remember looking at a '97 Monte Carlo Z34 from them this past summer. IIRC, it was pushing 200k and had a blown engine. I figured that HAS to be cheap, so I inquired about buying it. After a few days, he called back and said he'd take SIX THOUSAND for it.. "Cause thats what we'll get at auction." Haha.. good luck.

I'd bet you'd get next-to-nothing for that Z here. Nobody really 'knows' about them. To the general population, its a 12 year old General Motors car with a load of miles. Anyone give you any trade estimates on it? I've given up on selling mine in this area. The only calls I've gotten on it (this summer and last summer) were from piss-poor mexicans, foreign exchange students who have no concept of American currency, and dads looking for 14yr old daughter's new car.

It's at Rydells, he actually works there so that's employee price. Boy if a '95 CS is only worth $1500 around here I almost don't dare try to sell my Z34 on here.

If it's at Rydells for that price, something is surely wrong. Nothing is cheap there. I like the late 80's/early 90's cars they have in the back with 639,000 miles for 3 grand.

He my uncle bought his truck at Rydells! Small world eh?

A z34 is just as worthless, if not more, as the other w-bodies

Care to elaborate? I'm by no means a Lumina fan, but what makes a Z worth less than any other W?

As for the ABS light, he's not concerned with it, it's a speed sensor. I don't know if he's going to get it or not, the motor has new head gaskets, so at least that's done. He said it was overheating on him though, so I'm going to try and steer him away from it I think.

As for the ABS light, he's not concerned with it, it's a speed sensor.

???????????

i think he said the car needs a wheel speed sensor to fix the abs

i'd just let the abs dash light burn out. abs sucks.