Where/how to clean injectors

honda_bot

Bad gas>old injectors :dammit:

My engine almost dies when I step on the gas, but after almost an eternity(really about .5 sec.), it accelerates. I got about 95K and never used fuel inj. cleaner :bash: But, I hear that the injectors can be cleaned instead of replaced. they are all still good, about 12ohms on each.

Thanks for the help!

I think Napa can do it, and other "real" autoparts stores too, some stock cleaned injectors and just take your old ones and give you the rebuilt's for about half the price of a new injector

Bad gas>old injectors :dammit:

My engine almost dies when I step on the gas, but after almost an eternity(really about .5 sec.), it accelerates. I got about 95K and never used fuel inj. cleaner :bash: But, I hear that the injectors can be cleaned instead of replaced. they are all still good, about 12ohms on each.

Thanks for the help!

think it's injectors? my car has done the same thing as long as i've had it.

i just got used to it because i couldn't figure out what it was

Guest TurboSedan

while we're on the subject does anyone know of a place (online maybe?) that i could send my TGP injectors to be cleaned and sent back to me? i've heard of other people doing that....i wonder how much it costs?

my old cutlass did it too, I don't think its the injectors, in fact I always felt that after dumping in a can of injector cleaner it, it actually ran a little rougher. Its more than likely the fuel pump, or fuel filter. Have you changed the plugs in awhile? Also, I have seen alternators running out the door make some odd idle issues like bogging from a dead stop...

I cleaned my injectors in an ultra sonic cleaner in a caustic solution of sodium hydroxide and hot water. I cycled them on and off during the cleaning. It did fix one that leaked, and the water was black when I was done. I then pulsed fuel injector cleaner through them, and measured how much came out in a graduated cylinder. When they all looked good I put them in the car.

After all this I get a bog when I accelerate from a stop! I didn't use new intake gaskets. Maybe I have a vacuum leak?