I want to do this to my Buick

SuperBuick

Oooh... mmm... LS1.... mmm... That is totally awesome! We can't we get of hold of these things in the real world? Huh? :shock: It's a shame that many of the good performance options / upgrades don't see it to regular or even limited production... And it's even FWD! :yikes: GM has got to get into the habit of that again...

- RedFox340

That is sweet but all that h.p and torque in a fwd? If only Jon Moss was in charge of GM we'd have 510cid b-body's and Monte Carlo's would be RWD v-8's :cheers:

In the early 1970's, GM put the 500cid (8.2L) V8 in FWD Eldorados.

By then it was detuned and emissions choked so the FWD 68-69 Eldo with the 475cid V8 was actually more powerful with about 525ft-lbs torque and I believe it was around 425HP. Those years were also the lightest, they got bigger and heavier in the 70's.

A 320HP LS1 in an FWD is nothing compared to those monsters of the past.

well, keep in mind that those big old engines were rated gross, not net. an LS1 is probably making close to the same HP as those caddy engines or any other brute, like a LS6, L89, etc at the crank. Certainly not the same torque torque though.