DIY clear cornors for 97+ GP some pics

Goph

Tonight i got bored and decided to clear out my corners so my car doesn't look so much like every grand prix in my high school parking lot (there are a lot more 97+ GPs then any other cars) It was really a lot easier then i thought it would have been. I first took them out witch only took a minute if that and then "cooked" each one at 300 degrees and after about 10 minutes they were easy to pull them apart. The reflective amber part just fell right out and then i pushed them back together and sealed them up with a lot of silicon.

cars109.jpg

cars108.jpg

cars113.jpg

I will get pics up of them installed tomorrow night along with maybe some other things i have plan to do tomorrow as long as i have time.

Hmm... I really want to do that but not sure how the silicone would hold up. Let me know how they look an seal after the silicone has set up. Very interested in doing this.

I'll be sure to do that, i'm not planing on driving my car that much at all this weekend because i will be working on it most of the time but i should know soon.

I plan on getting the LED bulbs, i just need to find some around here and if i can't find any right away i may just drive with the white ones in tell i can get some.

Thanks man! Let me know how they are holding up in a few days. Do you set them in the oven at 300*? Do you put them on a pan or just right on the rack?

This is the route I would take to do mine as well. I don't want to use the screwdriver method. Also I'm sure the type of silicone is a factor when you seal them back together, what brand did you use? At my job we use Dow Corning when were glazing windows and that shit is one of the best. Too bad we only use black or gray in color. I'm very anxious to do this since I just added the VT grills in replacement of the stockers.

Thanks man! Let me know how they are holding up in a few days. Do you set them in the oven at 300*? Do you put them on a pan or just right on the rack?

I put them on a pan with some wax paper on it. Jut put it on the pan like it came off the car, do not put it face down.

A screw driver really is not the best thing to use, something that is wider would work better because at the temperature it is at the plastic can bend easy.

I just used some silicon i got from John Deere, i don't really know what it was and i don't know what happen to it right now. damn parents cleaned the table after i was done.

here they are installed

cars116.jpg

cars117.jpg

I also put on some reflective letters on the back bumper

cars120.jpg

looks good! what did you use to pull them apart since you dont recomment a screw driver? Also did you install an amber LED for those signals? I can't see in those pictures how good you would see your turn signals blink when activated...I dont need any trouble from the PIGS

looks good! what did you use to pull them apart since you dont recomment a screw driver? Also did you install an amber LED for those signals? I can't see in those pictures how good you would see your turn signals blink when activated...I dont need any trouble from the PIGS

I don't really know what would work the best, maybe a stiff puddy knife or some thing with a wide blade to minimize the amount of small marks you may put in the unit it self.

I have the white 194 bulbs in it right now, I'm going to go and see if i can find any amber 194 LED bulbs in about 10 minutes. hope the cops don't give a shit right now.

I just wanted to know how there doing a week later? Any moisture getting in them or did you seal them up 100%? Thanks

My passenger side did have some moisture in it but it cleared up and i will take it out and seal it up more. The driver side is just fine with out a problem.