Aftermarket door handles any good?

GnatGoSplat

How is the quality, fit and finish on aftermarket door handles? Is the finish as good as OEM?

Like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7934966724&category=33642

I'm guessing all of these aftermarket door handles are probably manufactured by the same company. Not sure though.

Mine is fine, but it was flat black and I clearcoated it. Now the cheap-ass clearcoat I used is flaking off and it looks like ass. I've tried many different brands of rattle-can clearcoat, and nothing lasts. This last time, I used enamel so lacquer thinner won't take it off. Too much trouble to sand the crap out of it to get it off. I was thinking to buy a new handle because it'll be cheaper and easier than sanding mine and taking it to a body shop to have professionally painted.

The one from 1A auto is very close to factory from what I've seen. I think the cheapies have "brush lines" in the steel like if you were to paint bare stainless steel, for example. This is what I've heard.

So the ones from 1A auto have a good-as-factory finish? They're only $5.00 more. I didn't know there were actually multiple manufacturers of these. I guess I'll pass on the unknown cheapies, brush lines are unacceptable.

I bought a replacement handle from the local junkyard (new) for my brothers' 89 CS and it looked fine. No flaws in the paint that I noticed, but we sold the car after not so long so I can't vouch for strength.