Removing Electronic Climate Control...

gmrulz4u

I recently ordered a new(reman.) Electronic Climate Control for my 89 Supreme. I am just curious as to how difficult, if at all, it is to remove and replace my existing one?

I ASSUME it's pretty simple. I'm guessing that once the portion of the dash that covers everything, I will see a few screws that are removed, and then I just unplug it...right?

Yep, pretty much!

If you haven't gotten into that area of the dash yet, you need to remove 7(I think) phillips screws from the cluster bezel and pull it out. Then remove 2 7mm screws from the top of the sport pod and 2 phillips at the bottom and then I think it pulls out. Then disconnect the cig lighter and ashtray bulb to remove the sport pod (also disconnect trip computer if you have it). The 4 screws for the climate control should then be easily accessible.

What you doing with the old one?

That still sounds like more than i originally thought...why do I have to remove the peice surrounding the gauge cluster? It doesn't even look like it's in the way at all?

the reason you need to remove the piece around the gauges is because the piece is covering the screws of the bottome dash that you need to take out. When you take the part out around the gauges make sure not to pull too hard on the harness connected to the piece which is the lights, fog lights or convertable top switch. those switches break out of their very easy, thats what happened to me