Blazertech 2600's for Cutlass - Directions Please

harrydunn

Okay guys,

I've decided to pull the trigger. I've located these on eBay and I believe them to be the correct fogs that everyone seems to favor on here. If not please let me know!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7935296062&category=33709&sspagename=WDVW

I obviously have factory fogs with wiring so I'm looking for some guidance on the best way to hook these babies up. Also, any ideas that have worked well regarding the brackets and aiming them. Thanks.

use the stock brackets, just use longer bolts with washers or something to secure the lights in if it isn't a direct fit.

the brackets are above the bumper, you'll find them.

cut off the stock connector on the wires, strip the ends, and crimp on a connector that will fit whatever's on the lights. wrap the connectors in electrical tape.

or, you can use waterproof connectors that you crimp, then heat up with a lighter or heat gun to melt around the connector.

Yeah theres quite a few scams on ebay. Some asshat in Connecticut named Len sold me a set of rims for 120 bucks and :o I never got them! Lucky for him Paypal wouldn't do anything about it. But, I will.

well, would tell you how i did mine, but its kinda hard to explain... :? ...basically you have to be a little creative...i used the stock bracket but i mounted the blazertech bracket to the stock bracket...then i mounted the fogs to the blazertech bracket...thats the only way i could figure to get them centered up in the factory holes...AND, that was prolly really confusing, so...i will try and take mine off and take some pix this weekend...i don't know if i'll have time, but i will TRY!...also, as far as wiring them up...i just cut the factory harness off, and wired the new ones black to black and purple to red ...i used BUTT connectors when i installed them, BUT i had one come apart before i even got the car outta the garage, soo....i wouldnt recommend that...i am going to take mine back out sometime soon and solder the connections and then heat shrink them... :wink: