Tailights *Updated*

BimmerJr87

No offense. I mean I like your car overall, if I had one like that to play with again I'd be screaming happy, but those tails are gonna get you rear-ended.

Brings back memories though, big time.

One project I started on my '90 but never finished:

copy/paste http://www.geocities.com/rhedalert/dualspart2003.jpg

The tails were taken apart, the reflective back was chromed, lights added across the light bar. I never finished getting small red bulbs for the reverse light section.

Unlit:again copy/paste http://www.geocities.com/rhedalert/mc_003.jpg

(Ignore that paint scheme/dual exhaust. That was just an experiment)

Alright guys i just got my new LED bulbs and they completely suck!! I just wanted to let u guys know so u dont waste any money on them. Does anyone have any suggestions on any brighter bulbs for my tailights?

Alright guys here are the final pics, everything turned out well, and the oldsmobile symbol was not a problem the nightshades covered it right up.

521621_60_full.jpg

521621_61_full.jpg

The brake lights are kind of dim now so I just ordered LED bulbs for them, Ill also post a pic of the lights with the LED bulbs soon as they arrive.

521621_62_full.jpg

The lights actually turned out really good, during the day they look completely black.

I dont like how when you have the brake lights on you can see a little black square in the middle. It looks out of place. Also how much did you buy those LED bulbs for? Sounds like those LED's suck ass :?

The little squares in the middle of the brake lights are where the oldsmobile symbol used to be, there is no way around it that I know of. Im returning the LED lights.

Yea I know what they were. I think it would have looked better not to cover the logo with nightshade. Anyway how much were the LED bulbs?

btw.. I've heard from a good handful of people that the LED brake lights out there absolutely suck.. :? like worse than regular bulbs

Yea he should have listened to you. What a waste of 50 bucks :?

the LED's you got musta been some shitty ones... :roll: ...cause we have them in BOTH our '67 & '78 ford trucks and they're sweet...of course, we don't have the taillight lenses tinted either... :? ...maybe try the HYPERWHITE bulbs...i had those for backup lights on my old cutlass and they were REALLY BRIGHT!!...i also had em for my license plate light and you could see my license plate a mile down the road... :lol:

i also had em for my license plate light and you could see my license plate a mile down the road... :lol:

I wouldent want my license plate shown more than it should. I try to keep that shit on the down low :lol:

i also had em for my license plate light and you could see my license plate a mile down the road... :lol:

I wouldent want my license plate shown more than it should. I try to keep that shit on the down low :lol:

well, there was a reason i did that...seee, i had red bulbs for my license plate light...i got pulled over for that...and NO OTHER REASON...soo...i got pissed, and figured i'd make sure they see it!! :lol:

well, there was a reason i did that...seee, i had red bulbs for my license plate light...i got pulled over for that...and NO OTHER REASON...soo...i got pissed, and figured i'd make sure they see it!! :lol:

:lol: I see where your coming from now

When they person said they sucked I already ordered the bulbs. Plus im returning them and gettin cash back so its no big deal. I also cannot find the hyperwhite bulbs for back lights. Sylvania makes the 3057 bulbs but there amber not white. If you have any suggestions let me know

well...i'm not quite sure the exact brand...but, i know you can get some hyperwhite bulbs from Advance Auto Parts...thats where i got mine...they might be APC!?...i don't remember... :roll: