Tailights *Updated*

BimmerJr87

I'm gonna spray my tailights and back up lights tomrorw with the nightshades. The one thing that I am worried about is the little chrome olds symbol in the middle of the light. I am wodering if it will show through and look weird. If anyone has sprayed nightshades on a pre '91 car could u post pics or tell what it looked like

no i dont want to tape around the chrom i want to cover all of it i was just wondering what it would look like after i put the nightshades. Im wondering if it would look weird

why wouldn't you just take the tail lights apart and spray the inside with nightshades? that's what i did with my gp tail lights. that way you don't have to worry about taping off anything.

why wouldn't you just take the tail lights apart and spray the inside with nightshades? that's what i did with my gp tail lights. that way you don't have to worry about taping off anything.

that would be impossible to do on cutty tails, they don't have clear lenses with colored inserts like the GP ones...

If you're worried about them showing, you could always paint just the emblem itself with Testor's Candy Apple Red. That will make the emblem exactly the same color as the rest of the taillight. Then niteshades over it.

Ok i got the lights back in. Sorry for the picture its a crappy one i took it with my camera phone, hopefully tomroorw i can get my digi cam out and take a good one. Tell me what you guys think.

521621_59.jpg

Alright guys here are the final pics, everything turned out well, and the oldsmobile symbol was not a problem the nightshades covered it right up.

521621_60_full.jpg

521621_61_full.jpg

The brake lights are kind of dim now so I just ordered LED bulbs for them, Ill also post a pic of the lights with the LED bulbs soon as they arrive.

521621_62_full.jpg

The lights actually turned out really good, during the day they look completely black.

521621_63_full.jpg

521621_64_full.jpg

521621_65_full.jpg

Looks really good, but its a little too dark for me. Did you put more than one coat on? If so, would they be dark but not and pitch black as yours if I did only 1 coat?

mine have either 3 or 4 coats, I don't remember for sure...

Looks really good, but its a little too dark for me.

:withstupid: little too dark for a white car maybe, I dunno. does looks pretty good though :)

btw.. I've heard from a good handful of people that the LED brake lights out there absolutely suck.. :? like worse than regular bulbs

LOL well i cant remember how many coats I put on. I wanted a really black color. I think it looks good with the black mirrors and also, the black molding by the door handle. I'm also tinting my windows after Chirtmas so it should look good with the tint. When I get the lights in I'll let u guys know how they work out.

yeah...i think it looks pretty good...i lil dark for me..but, looks good...i have LED lights in my '67 F-100 and they look TITS!...i think you'll like them... :wink: ...i just got one question...does that nightshades stuff have a shine to it @ all!?...or is it just like FLAT DULL BLACK looking!?...i can't really tell from the pics... :?