94 Digital Cluster ?

jmblimo

I've had a '95 for years, but I'm new to a '94. What is the possibility of putting a digital cluster in my '94? I figure by what I read on the forum, digital clusters came on an earlier Cutlass but not the '94.

1988-1991 were digital

two Types

BASE Cluster

base-cluster.jpg

UB3 Cluster

gauges-cluster.jpg

you can put a digital one in a 1994 but not 1995

the BASE Cluster Will Plug and Play Right in!!!!

but the UB3 will need you to re-sort the pins on the Cluster Connection

Check the Main http://www.w-body.com page under the Upgrades section for the instructions how to....

the base digital cluster was used at least through '93

Last year I've seen a base digital cluster was 1991.

my '93 Owner's Manual has a whole section about it.

True. The '95 Owners manual also has a section on Heads Up Display.. which it never got :wink: GM's done some weird stuff.

I seen 93s with base digital cluster and yes you can put a base cluster in your 94 without doing any wire work but why would you want to do that, they are ugly dimmer wont work with it so they are going to be blinding you at night and are not very reliable. In my 88 i was looking for a 92+ dash and i got one from a 94 which is much better.

That's the type of imput I was looking for. First, was it doable, then was it worth doing. Sounds like I need to fine the better digital cluster and just change the wiring a little.

• 1 month later...

OK, I bought a UB3 cluster off of Ebay, and I'm ready to upgrade my '94 analog set. It's a Cutlass! Is this a bolt-in (screw-in) except for the wiring change? From what I read, I shouldn't have to change any senders?

I personally love my analog gauges, I picked up a spare cluster and scraped the blue shit off the backside, so it lights up white, not blue.

It matches the kenwood head unit I've got, now I just need to do the blue removal to the rest of that stuff (window switches, etc.)

I personally love my analog gauges, I picked up a spare cluster and scraped the blue shit off the backside, so it lights up white, not blue.

It matches the kenwood head unit I've got, now I just need to do the blue removal to the rest of that stuff (window switches, etc.)

I like GP analog clusters like mine WAY better than the GP digitals, but there's just something about the Cutlass UB3 cluster that's orgasmic. Go figure, I'm weird.