Horrible Day

dsgrntld187

Well, besides waking up on 3 hours sleep, I had to go to school. That wasn't the bad part, but when I got out to my car and started to leave, the power steering went out. Then, I moved it by my friend Erics GP, and this girl said something sounded funny. So, we pop the hood, and the belt fell off. No big deal, so we pop it back on. What was a big deal, however, is the fact that the PS pulley was COMPLETELY gone. Fried the belt as I got there though. All fixed now. Gah.. how lame.

been there done that, its not fun at all i was at school when it hapiened, had to travel 30 miles with a friend to a GM warehouse for a new pulley then buy the tools to put the pulley on, caused me to miss work and fried my belt.

i know how it is...

last month my year old battery lost a cell and the car would stall in gear.

i missed 2 classes because i didn't have a way to get to school :?

The frickin' PS pulley broke?!? Wow, I've seen plenty of snapped tensioner pulleys, but never a PS pulley. Did you use a regular jaw-type puller to get the remains of the old pulley off the shaft?

Umm, I didn't change the pulley myself :oops: .. I didn't have time to do it, it broke around 2:20 or so, and I had to be at work by 5, and with 5 dollar canadian in my wallet, I couldn't do anything. Soooo, we had to ghetto rig it by putting the belt on the water pump the wrong way (meaning it would turn in reverse), and it ended up grinding on the stump of the pump. I wish I would've had the time, but they give me helluva good deals over there since I work there :lol: . There wasn't much left of the pulley, not even the pulley.. :|

The frickin' PS pulley broke?!? Wow, I've seen plenty of snapped tensioner pulleys, but never a PS pulley. Did you use a regular jaw-type puller to get the remains of the old pulley off the shaft?

Try eating through 4 JY pumps because you can't put fluid in. You see a lot of weird scenarios.. :lol: :lol: