HUD installation

91GPSTE

I got a pair of HUDs from a junkyard a few weeks ago and now I want to install one of them and can't really figure a few things out. Are all HUD units for 88-93 GPs the same? I looked on this website and my dimmer switch is different then the one pictured. Also I don't have a metal tray with what looks like a cable running from it to the dimmer switch. My dimmer switch doesn't even have a spot to hook the cable to.

http://pages.prodigy.net/gearhead43/DavesGP/hud.html

What year is yours? The TGP ones are different than 91-93. TGP ones have the grill, and height adjust on the hud unit. Wiring is also different. Daves page is for the 91-93. Let us know and I can help. I've put both in my STE.

I did both of mine with the correct dashpads, so I can't help you there. In the meantime I'll see if I can find the wiring diagrams you and anyone else may need.

Here ya go: TGP HUD pinout

A1 ignition feed

A2 ground

A3 park lamp signal

A4 HUD dimmer signal

A5 low fuel signal (to the brown wire behind cluster)

A6 left turn signal

A7 check gauges signal (to the tan wire behind cluster)

A9 VSS

A10 right turn signal

A11 high beam signal

Hope that helps. Connect them to the same locations as Dave's website says and you should be good.