V-8 W-Body GP in IA/IL ?

Hippie

Hi guys long time no "see". Anyone know of a Medium Blue mid-90's GP with a V-8 swap in Western IL or Eastern IA ? I was out in the garage yesterday and heard a V-8 with nice exhaust coming so I looked out to the street and a blue GP went by, I went outside and watched it go down the road and the V-8 noises were definitely coming from it. Seems I won't be the only V-8 W-body in this neck of the woods if I ever get mine done. :roll: ( I know, I know....... shut up and get it done.) I have decided the Z34 is getting a 3.1 and going to son #2 when he gets his license and I'm looking for something a little less common. Seems 60% of the Montes around here are black Z34's. Remember that Cutlass convertible I was lookin' at a few months ago ? It hasn't sold yet, I'm waiting for them to get real hungry and drop the price a few more hundred. I got the itch to have a drop top Cutty with a 4.9.............

You sure it wasn't just a 3.1 w/ exhaust? They can fool you at light throttle/just cruising(when you get on it, you can definitely tell the difference though). I need to get a video to prove my point there, everyone that hears my car(93 Grand Prix SE) just crusing along thinks it's got a V8 in it..at idle and higher throttle inputs, you can discern that it's no V8..still sounds pretty good though.

Other then that, I have one idea of who it may be(some guy that's keeping his project a secret..not sure if he was swapping in a V8 though). :wink: He's closeby to IL anyways.....

You sure it wasn't just a 3.1 w/ exhaust? They can fool you at light throttle/just cruising(when you get on it, you can definitely tell the difference though). I need to get a video to prove my point there, everyone that hears my car(93 Grand Prix SE) just crusing along thinks it's got a V8 in it..at idle and higher throttle inputs, you can discern that it's no V8..still sounds pretty good though.

Other then that, I have one idea of who it may be(some guy that's keeping his project a secret..not sure if he was swapping in a V8 though). :wink: He's closeby to IL anyways.....

Quite sure, I know what you're saying though and thought the same thing at first that's why I walked outside and listened. He backed off to pull into a gas station down the street. I've never heard a V-6 sound like that when you back off it in all my 49 years......... I might have been mistaken but I don't think so......... No big deal either way though, just curious. Got me thinking' about mine again though so either way it may have been a good thing. I got kind of sidetracked this summer. :oops:

Eurosport Z34: You don't know my youngest, he'd even get in trouble with the 3.1 but if I can find a sweet deal on a running 3.4 I'd put one back in and detune it a little before turning him loose.