RKE Installation??

herb427sc

How much of ajob is it to add Remote Keyless Entry

to a vehicle that doesn't have it???

In my case, it is a 93 GP SE.

If this car had RKE and a 284, it would be the perfect car...

$37 for a Bulldog RKE system from JC Whitney, around $5 for 2 extra relays (got mine from Checker) and about an hour and a half to hook it all up. The 2 extra relays are to utilize the trunk release and parking light confirmation.

I hooked one up in my Grand Prix a couple of weeks ago. Aside from the parking lights blinking when you lock/unlock/pop the trunk, the only major difference between the Bulldog system and a factory RKE is the Bulldog doesn't have progressive locking (first press unlocks the drivers door, second unlocks all the other doors.) The Bulldog RKE also has a greater range than the factory RKE. All in all I'm very pleased with it so far.

Here's the system I bought from JC Shitney

The relays were labeled as "Fog Light" relays, but they were standard NO (normally open) relays, and worked just fine. I didn't bother hooking up the starter immobolizer seeing as my car already has the VATS (or PassKeyII or whatever it's called) system...