1996 Cutlass Supreme Headlight

harrydunn

Does anybody know where I can locate the actual headlight assembly (the "glass"), not the bulb? I've got a cracked RH high beam that fills with water. Autozone quoted me $202 (???). I'm not sure if he had the right part or not. I should try some local yards as well. Anyways, the reflective material is pretty much gone now so my car looks like it's winking at you since the other three are still nice and shiny. Also, how can you just replace the bulb on these things? They're supposed to be under pressure and the bulb housing is "glued" to the actual glass housing. Thanks.

With that price, I assume you have a sedan. A coupe headlight would run you about 20-30 bucks. The junkyard is going to be your cheapest bet. If you're looking for new, I could get you one from my workplace at my discount, but I have no idea what the price would be this moment.. I'd have to check tomorrow or Monday.

the other three are still nice and shiny

Are you running a 2dr or 4dr? If it's a 2dr, just replace the bulb. Otherwise I'd find a local j/y or post in the For Sale section on the board here and see what turns up.

the other three are still nice and shiny

Are you running a 2dr or 4dr? If it's a 2dr, just replace the bulb. Otherwise I'd find a local j/y or post in the For Sale section on the board here and see what turns up.

Well it sounds like a coupe. The coupe headlights are replaceable as a whole unit. I think Autozone quoted you the price for the sedan replacement. Make sure you specify coupe or sedan. Or find a new parts store.

You shouldn't be spending any more than $25-$30 for the headlight. It will be the complete assembly the glass and the bulb. They are known as mini-quads. (If you didn't already know that.) But yeah...maybe you should find a new parts store... :lol:

Got the parts store straightened out. This guy had his stuff together plus I told him I thought they priced me for a sedan. $24.99 and of course they have to order them. Not much market for them I guess except for the Cutlass and older Z-28s.

the autozone that i go to has them right on a shelf at the front counter but that might just be a fluke. i got all new headlights and got a discount because my friend was working there. :D

the autozone that i go to has them right on a shelf at the front counter but that might just be a fluke. i got all new headlights and got a discount because my friend was working there. :D

:werd: every parts store around here i've been to stocks them!? :roll: