Irregular Turn Signal

runt

Here's pretty much what it is doing:

I hit the turn signal, and they do come on. THey will work normal for awhile and then speed up or slow down...then do the opposite. More than likely go back to normal for a bit after the speed change. It's not like they are not comming on, so thats a plus. When it's not dark out, I'm gonna just check bulbs (they all looked to be working from just a quick walk around). I am thinking it's the Signal switch. Could I be wrong? I forgot to try the 4ways, but I'm gonna do that in the morning too.

So more than likely I'll be replacing a turn signal switch huh?

Edit: Whom ever moved it, thanks.

My gut says flasher as well, but when they flash fast, does the dash indicator light up but the outside lights don't? If that's the case, the signal switch is most definitely bad.

What year is your Cutty? If it's a 94-97, CLICK HERE. This should answer any questions you have, and aid you in replacing your signal switch if swapping out the flasher does nothing...

No, tomorrow during the day I'll have sometime to look it over. I had to be on campus pretty early today and yesterday...well...I was busy thats all I'll say :D

So tomorrow...yay. But actually it seems to only do it every now and then, but I'm still gonna replace it.

Found the suminabitch today, and on the way home they stopped working for a short while. But just messed with the 4 ways and they came back on (how i am not sure). But tomorrow I'll be using my PSU ID card to get it for 10% off at a local (Dubois PA) parts shop. :lol:

Seeing that the signals functioned normally after you moved the hazzard lever, I'm thinking its the signal switch. Have you checked your brake lights lately? Another way to be sure the signal switch is shot is if your lower brake lights won't light but your CHMSL (3rd brake light) does. Also you could try jiggling the lever around a tiny bit in all directions. If that gets the signals and or brake lights working properly, then your switch is most definitely shot...

All of the brake lights are on. I've had a problem with them before and pretty much got it fixed. I think for now I am just going to go with a new flasher and see what that does. It's easier/cheaper than a new signal switch. I do know what you mean about thinking it would be the signal switch, but now it seems to work fine, the turn signals come on perfectly, it was just that 1 or 2 times. Oh, and the 3rd brake light is working just peachy.

I'll start small and thus work my way up I guess. :?

I thought you meant you already replaced the flasher and it didn't cure the problem, and by switching on the hazzards it did. Okay, forget what I said and replace that flasher first! Make sure you replace the Turn Signal flasher and not the Hazzard flasher. The hazzard flasher is directly under the headlight switch, and the signal flasher is next to the firewall...

No I (still) haven't gotten around to it yet. I haven't decided if it's laziness or the fact that I'm just busy with the semester being over in a month and me not having done enough homework till the past 2 weeks. Anyway, it will get put in tomorrow sometime probably after class and I'm sure that'll fix it.

lots of drama over a flasher :lol: :lol: :lol:

...don't forget to change to synthetic blinker fluid while you are at it...

Your telling me! :lol: :lol:

But seriously, where is this "blinker fluid" located at? I can't find where I am susposed to put more in? I figure since they are kinda f-ed up it might have leaked out too...can someone HELP ME?!?!?!?!!?

:smilielol: :bonk: :nana: :willynilly: :willynilly: