DIS Fuel Level

pitzel

Ok, so when I wired my 2.1W Cutlass Supreme DIS into my 1992, the fuel level sensor is reading '99%' when I do the DEST, RESET, 8192 thing. I have roughly 3/4 of a tank of fuel, and I am pretty sure I tapped the right wire.

Anyone else have this problem? With the fuel level showing 99% even though the tank isn't full?

I have version 2.1W as well, but my DIS gives the fuel readout as "gallons used". There is no percentage readout for fuel remaining that I have ever heard of. Unless that is something the diagnostic mode tells you.....

I have version 2.1W as well, but my DIS gives the fuel readout as "gallons used". There is no percentage readout for fuel remaining that I have ever heard of. Unless that is something the diagnostic mode tells you.....

Hit DEST, then hit RESET, then type 8192, and you will get a display showing some numbers.

The 2nd group of numbers, right before the character 'L', should be the fuel quantity remaining expressed as a percentage.

I know how to get into DIAG mode, how do you think I knew my version? :lol:

I never did bother to figure out what the string of numbers means so that's interesting. What do the other two numbers mean?

One is dimmer intensity, and the other is fuel tank %'age.

I rechecked my wiring, and it all checks out okay. So I am thinking it might be a grounding issue on the harness that carries the VSS/ALDL/Fuel Tank/GND lines.

Where do you guys usually end up grounding these lines and is the ground 100% necessary on that particular harness? I am thinking that my DIS might be having trouble reading the fuel tank sender properly because of the effectiveness of the grounding.