out she comes

dohc v6

ok i want to know if this is a good plan

1 i am going to drain all fluids except oil and remove battery

2 take off plenum and brake master cyclinder

3 take off spark plug wires becuause they are every where and take out radiator.

4. remove all hoses and wire connection

5. lift car on jack stands

6. take off front grill so doesnt get scratch

7. disconnect exhuast and take axels out

8 drain oil and remove hood.

9. put engine lift in place and start pulling it out and have a helper watch to make sure it is going ok.

10 put in trailer on 2 pieces of wood and bring home and put on engine stand

questions - are there only 2 bolts for the mastercyclinder

what are all the hoses and wire connections

can i take the engine out with the car jaked up

can i take the axels out with out removing the strut assembles

will the downpipe come out just disconnecting it from the engine and the rest of the pipe or will it get cought

am i missing anything

will the downpipe come out just disconnecting it from the engine and the rest of the pipe or will it get cought

Just off the top of my head: you're taking the engine and trans out at the same time? A DOHC? If you're wanting to get the engine on a stand, you gotta separate the engine and tranny.

ok i want to know if this is a good plan

1 i am going to drain all fluids except oil and remove battery

2 take off plenum and brake master cyclinder

3 take off spark plug wires becuause they are every where and take out radiator.

4. remove all hoses and wire connection

5. lift car on jack stands

6. take off front grill so doesnt get scratch

7. disconnect exhuast and take axels out

8 drain oil and remove hood.

9. put engine lift in place and start pulling it out and have a helper watch to make sure it is going ok.

10 put in trailer on 2 pieces of wood and bring home and put on engine stand

am i missing anything

Remove the two downpipe bolts from just downstream of the 02 sensor, be sure to disconnect o2 sensor wires. Other wires to remove off the top of my head: starter, tranny, steering, alternator.

Be sure to unbolt the ps pump and ps lines from the front of the engine as well as the a/c. ( I removed the a/c and drained it into the air/ground :twisted: , just stay away from it in a well ventilated area if you drain it).

You can remove it with it on jackstands, assuming the lift you have can go high enough.

Once the tranny and engine are out, lower them onto an old tire, unbolt the tranny( you will have to remove the starter and crank the engine to remove the 3 torque convertor bolts.) Then you can bring the engine home.

Whats a good list of things to keep when getting a "new" engine and taking out the old one?

if you are just replaceing an engine for an engine of same year make model , blah blah blah, definately keep the:

alternator, ac compressor, spark plugs, wires, sensors, plenum, pulleys, prety much anything that MAY be of value.

Whats a good list of things to keep when getting a "new" engine and taking out the old one?

if you are just replaceing an engine for an engine of same year make model , blah blah blah, definately keep the:

alternator, ac compressor, spark plugs, wires, sensors, plenum, pulleys, prety much anything that MAY be of value.

could of just said all the accessories :lol:

could of just said all the accessories :lol:

i sure could have :lol:

ok so i was told by my dad to take just the engine out. now i can see 5 of the bolts but the 6 one i can see . these are the bolts that attach the tranny to the engine. how exactly does this 5 bolt come out

I imagine you are talking about the 6th bolt that is attached from the opposite side of bellhousing. You probably need a big extension and access it from the passenger fenderwell. You also have 3 torque convertor bolts, and I believe there are 4 bolts that hold the tranny to a bracket mounted on the engine block on the passenger side.