Got bored so I g-teched my car! 13's!!!

dbtk2

Its true though.....Im sure that turbo car loves it

It pulls hard to about 4500rpm, then it shoots forward and pulls harder! It hits 4500rpm and just takes off. Its actually kinda funny. It was the single best mod I ever did to the car. Now its just time to get a real turbo for it. And I have the crappy 3100 topend...I can't imagine what it would be like if I had a 3400 topend or 00+ 3100 topend.

Shawn

Awesome....it would be cool if you or JUD posted pictures of your top end swaps.

I like my G-tech, allways use the same weight and can actually see gains (as in with the 1:6 roller rockers)

Peace!!!

Yea, I've always been intrested in the gains of the 3100 top end on an LG5, good to hear it's helped out. That may be something I would look at doing in the future, but I wouldn't have any idea where to start.

That's freakin awesome man :D I really want to do a '00+ 3400 top end swap on my TGP... but that's a long ways off :?

In the meantime, if someone could write a step by step walkthrough of the 3400/turbo swap :twisted:

so the TGP manifolds work ok on the GEN-3 heads? i can't seem to get a straight answer wether they work or not?

Yes, they work fine you just have to grind the ports to match the d-shaped outlets on the heads. It took me about an hour or so, maybe a little bit more of grinding to get them right, but they seem to work good.

Awesome....it would be cool if you or JUD posted pictures of your top end swaps.

I would've already posted pics of it, except I can't find my friggin digital camera. I took about a hundred or so pics of the car, a lot of them of the engine, before, during, and after the topend swap, about 20 or so of the exterior of the car with the 5 spoke wheels and all, and a few of the interior of the car. If I find the stuipid thing, then I will post some pics right away.

how have you compensated for the extra air flow up top?

I would think it would be leaning out from the extra flow past 4.5K Rpm.

I haven't. The chip is just a stock topgun chip and i have stock injectors. Thats why I'm not running much boost. Like I said, I was running about 8.5psi boost on the street everyday, I turned it up to 10psi for those runs and haven't turn it down yet, but I will likely turn it back down soon, however it hauls ass how it is right now. Its about 30* outside and I just drove home from work, and WOW! I need to get some chip work and bigger injectors before running more boost, but I don't have the time or money to mess with it right now. I'm getting some bigger injectors from Jud and I'm going to put those in, I'm just hoping that they'll work okay without the car running horribly rich before getting the chip tuned. With proper tuning I believe this setup, even with the crappy stock turbo, is capable of 13.5's assuming good track conditions and a good launch. But I just want 13.9's.

Shawn

Correct me if I'm wrong. The TG chip will provide a bit extra fuel all around to make sure that you don't run lean (so you don't blow the motor). And I know with a cracked x-over you're bound to run rich anyways. So I would think that you might (might) be ok with the fuel now. Although you would know better than me. Also I have talked with a few TGP owners who said that leaning out actually made the car run better. But I don't know if they were chipped or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong. The TG chip will provide a bit extra fuel all around to make sure that you don't run lean (so you don't blow the motor). And I know with a cracked x-over you're bound to run rich anyways. So I would think that you might (might) be ok with the fuel now. Although you would know better than me. Also I have talked with a few TGP owners who said that leaning out actually made the car run better. But I don't know if they were chipped or not.

Lean is always faster, however at a certain point its going to be too lean, the engine is going to detonate, and there are gonna be problems. The car only has 22lb. injectors in it, they can only flow so much fuel, there is a certain point where more fuel needs to be added to go faster (obviously, since air+fuel+spark=boom, more air requires more fuel to make a bigger boom with the spark), and I'm pretty sure I'm at that point. My car is running just about exactly where I want it to be running as far as rich/lean goes with 8.5psi, but with more boost it goes leaner, which obviously is a bad thing. I need to do some chip work to raise the boost cut and timing at higher boost, raise the rev limiter so I can take advantage of the cam, and the airflow with this topend is completely different, so it will need to be leaned out and richened up throughout the whole powerband. I am also going to have to lean it out for bigger injectors as well. The computer will work how it is now, thats why I'm using it, but its far from optimal. A good tune should give me 2 tenths I think...but I'm not expecting it to give me anything.

Anyways, I took a new GTO to 70mph from a 20mph roll today. Had about a carlength on it. I was pretty unimpressed that those cars can't keep up with mine. I'm hoping they were in the wrong gear or something, because they were definately WOT.

Shawn