Climate Control Bulb Replacement?

jeremy

Is this possible.....the "DEF" and "REAR" buttons don't light up anymore and I want to fix the problem...does anyone know if they can be replaced and if so how.....and last of all what size bulbs I would have to use...pic show below for reference....thanks in advance

edfb9bf0.jpg

Try taking it apart. My dic burnt out and I had to take it apart to replace the bulbs.

FWIW: I have a climate control unit just like that if you want it. Not sure if it works but the person I got it from said it did.

I might consider picking it up for a spare if you are selling it cheap....

Really cheap! Like $5 plus shipping would probaly work. I need to check when I get home to make sure it looks the same as yours. (i'm pretty sure it is but just want to make sure.)

is there any way to put that climate control setup in a car that only has the regular climate control!? :? ...that would be TITS if i could get one of those for my cutty...

anything is possible, but i think it would take a ton of work...

is there any way to put that climate control setup in a car that only has the regular climate control!? :? ...that would be TITS if i could get one of those for my cutty...

Big pain in the ass! That's what I bought the one I have for. My 96 had the manual controls. It is not plug and play. Gotta wire up the temp sensor etc...

BTW: Jeremy I have paypal and I think I can receive payments.

If it's like my truck, the bulbs are little grain of wheat bulbs like the kind you can get at Radio Shack. They're soldered in.

If it's more like my 89, they're tiny grain of wheat bulbs in little tiny sockets. You can remove the bulb from the socket and install a new one. No soldering required.

Both methods require you to disassemble the climate control.

Both methods require you to disassemble the climate control.

I thought that would be the case....maybe I will just wait until I get the other one and hope that it fully lights up :lol: .....

..............damn I am lazy

wait a sec...jeremy...do you have any more pics of the interior of your cutlass!?...like that DASH!?...did you install that DIC?...looks like it is where the radio goes!?...where is the radio!?...i'm sooOooO confused...i have a '97 cutty myself, i just wanna see what ya got going on...and, does anyone know EXACTLY what would have to be done to install that climate control in a car with manual controls!?...sorry for being off topic...i just didnt really wanna start another thread :roll: and it seems like you already got your questions answered anyway!... :wink: