94-98 GM Fullsize Truck question!

Lowerd1

Anybody here have one as well as a 94-96 Grand Prix? The reason I ask is because I wanted to know if the 3 HVAC knobs from the truck would at all fit on the 94-96 Grand Prix. I don't care if they look alittle different or what, just as long as they fit and the indicators line up.

I asked on clubgp and was told to ask here also. Hopefully somebody here owns both of these cars and could test tell me if it will work.

Thanks in advance.

I think the first year for non-digital button Chevy climate control was '95 or '96. I'm almost sure they'd slip on, but it would all depend on which way the D shape points when you get them on there. My dad has a '97, if you can wait until friday I can let you know. No luck on the newer GP controls though.

We had a '96 Tahoe come in today, so I looked at the knob. The flat part of the D faces the direction the needle points. I hope I'm explaining that right, let me know if you need a clarification. I only checked the farthest right knob, as it was the only one that came off easily. They should all be the same though.

course you could also "clear" the stock knobs on your GP, ive heard of people doing that.

Usually it involves removing the grey plastic coating on the knobs so they have a semiclear look to them and then light up red at night.

And i know someone has already said it but, they changed the interior on the fullsize trucks in 95, unfortunatly i picked up a 94 and am stuck with the old interior :?

I could have cleared the stock knobs if I had some. Mine Melted when I tried to paint them like 4 years ago. :lol:

I don't know if they are interchangable. Nobody has told me if they work or not.

I will when I see my car again. My car is not at the house I live at. I was suppose to go check on it two days ago but I have been busy. Hopefully I will be able to check that out tomorrow.

I have a 95 GTP by the way. Its slow, has issues, cost more in repairs than it cost, and got less than a 1000 miles put on it in the last 2 years. :lol:

I can never find GP knobs in the boneyards, seeing as they're so weak to begin with. I was able to get a Lumina knob to stick on the GP's HVAC, but not without a couple of small mods first. I had to shave off the "stops" and trim the little flange off of the back flush with the rest of the knob. After pressing it on the HVAC fairly hard, it stays on decent enough to keep (at least until I can actually find a good set of GP knobs...)