hey last call for free 3.4 in illinois

toastemcutlass

hey guys ive had this up for a while, its a 3.4 with 136k(runs good) on it its complete except for the harnesses, it does come with the ecm. the problem i live in mchenry illinois, so youd have to pick it up your self. let me know, im gunna keep it for prolly another month then its going to the bone yard...just wanted to offer it to a good home. so let me know toastemcutlass@hotmail.com or aim skiba5310497

thanks, scott

hey guys ive had this up for a while, its a 3.4 with 136k(runs good) on it its complete except for the harnesses, it does come with the ecm. the problem i live in mchenry illinois, so youd have to pick it up your self. let me know, im gunna keep it for prolly another month then its going to the bone yard...just wanted to offer it to a good home. so let me know toastemcutlass@hotmail.com or aim skiba5310497

thanks, scott

I'm somewhat interested in this. Does it come with a transmission?

Question for anyone else: would this be hard to throw into my '90 Euro?

You'd need a wiring harness, which could be a PIA to get, but other than that it wouldn't be too bad if your a fan of pulling engines.

You'd need a wiring harness, which could be a PIA to get, but other than that it wouldn't be too bad if your a fan of pulling engines.

Well, Heza was able to pull a complete 3.4 harness out of a j/y car in a few hours, but I'm not sure. This being my first time pulling an engine, even with help, I think I'm just going to stick to the 3.1/4T60 I was gonna throw into it in the first place, especially since I'd need a tranny, too. I'll keep this in mind though.

Guest TurboSedan

i think patgizz ran his 3.4 DOHC using a 3.1 MPFI wiring harness. modification is probably necessary; i don't know i'm not familiar at all with the 3.4

GP1138, I can pull an engine harness in ~20-40 minutes.. If I find a 3.4 equipped car, I would most certainbly take it out fore you.. And yes, I do it without cutting the wires,, 8)

thanks, scott

wow...sounds like a nice deal

does it come with the tranny also? got any pics?

your just on the other side of Chicago...so I'm guessing a 4-5 hour road trip one way :roll:

sorry no trans, i blew it up for like the fifth and final time, thats what made me take the motor out...i did the l67 swap, and the new trans...as for the avalibility, ask WhiteOut....he asked for it but then wrecked his car, so im not sure if he wants it...if not its still up for grabs

sorry no trans, i blew it up for like the fifth and final time, thats what made me take the motor out...i did the l67 swap, and the new trans...as for the avalibility, ask WhiteOut....he asked for it but then wrecked his car, so im not sure if he wants it...if not its still up for grabs

I wrecked my car!!! AHHHH!!! I think you've got me confused with someone else. I still want it, I'm just trying to arrange pickup.

i was gonna say i didn't think WhiteOut wrecked his car... :roll:

so you getting it or what then? btw, what are you going to use it for?? you already have a 3.4. :willynilly:

i dunno about if i'd actually need/want it right now anyways...i would like the 3.4/284 combo or else the 3.1T/282 combo...my dilemma. but all this is after my car gets to be ONE color! LOL.

I more or less just want it to toy around with and for spare parts should the need arise (God forbid). I was pretty much just going to go through the entire engine and do a slow rebuild, I've never done anything like that before so I figured that a free engine would be a good place to start, the fact that its the same engine as the one in my car is a bonus.

Anywho, if someone is in serious need of the engine feel free to usurp me on this one. I don't have a real need for it, its just going to be more of a toy for me to play with. Besides it being hunting season and all I'm having major problems locating a friend willing to forsake 8 hours of time in the woods to drive me out there and get it.

I've got a '95 Z34 in need of a motor, it runs but rattles like a washing machine with marbles in it, smokes like my ex-wife and will barely pull itself. The Z has 136,000 so it would be a perfect match. The previous owner didn't think you really had to change timing belts when GM said............ Bought it to do a 4.9 swap but the 4.9 is destined for something else now and the youngest will be wanting wheels in about a year, was planning to drop a 3.1 in it to try and keep him out of trouble but if I can find a running 3.4 for the right price.............. I'm in Illinois and have a trailer big enough to haul it. If nobody else needs it I'm available to "adopt" it. :wink: :wink:

consider it yours, if its cool with whiteout....cuz i gotta get it out of my garage, cuz i need to take my l67 out of my car, cuz it spun a bearing...the 3.4 is free and runns....the sooner you can pick it up the better

hey since i live near toastem, and whoever comes down to get it, we could have a mini "pickup a 3.4" w-body meet:)

woohoo...it'd be just like Slick's mini fix-my-car-meet :lol: :lol:

haha thats what i was thinking. eh, probably wont happen, just popped into my head