Temporarily Fixed the Hood Rust on the Cutty

dsgrntld187

Well I finally got off my ass and did something for my car. I got some of the bondo with fiberglass in it. Not too bad for my first time using bondo.

Before:

476430_9_full.jpg

Note, that was when I got the car back in May. It was MUCH worse, like, all the way through now and alot longer, maybe, 4 inches?

After:

476430_99_full.jpg

476430_100_full.jpg

476430_101_full.jpg

It doesn't look that great, but it will do till I get my new hood.

Thanks for the comments guys. I still got some work to do on it, including bondoing the back of the hood. It's COMPLETELY gone almost. I think after I do that, I might put some rubberized undercoating on it, just for protection. Then maybe hit up the subframe with it too.. good idea!

The pictures make it look somewhat better though, because you can kind of see where the big rusthole was because it broke at the bottom, so it kind of sticks out. Not bad for the first time though, I'll defenately use what my dad taught me more often.

hrmmm...ya know it actually doesn't look that bad :D good work!

:withstupid: ...looks pretty good for your first time!...you might not wanna see it with shiny paint on it though :lol: ...i'm not saying that it would be bad...but, shiny paint shows all...

Well you'll need to wait till springtime to see those :lol: . It all depends on how much I get for my truck. If I get enough to get me a 1968-1973 Firebird and have enough left for the hood, I'll have it right away, otherwise it might be a little while. I wanted to do the coupe front end swap (or conversion.. I guess its not direct bolt on), but I began to like the look of the sedan front better.