The official Gutless got a TGP topic (56k burn)

GutlessSupreme

so, now that I FINALLY GOT MY CAMERA BACK...

Last Sunday I drove an hour up to MA and bought gp90se's red '90 TGP and drove it home.

It wasn't starting too good, but now it's started everyday for 4 days perfectly fine so it's looking good.

Still needs a LOT of work, but it's mostly cosmetic.. runs great now.

IMG_5784%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_5785%20(Medium).jpg

don't mind the loomie wheels w/ bald tires :lol: other two crosslaces are in the garage, along with a lower valance that's screaming PAINT ME!

IMG_5786%20(Medium).jpg

this should definetly have been a RWD car...

http://members.cox.net/odyssey37/images/tgp/IMG_5787%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_5796%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_5798%20(Medium).jpg

http://members.cox.net/odyssey37/images/tgp/IMG_5800%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_5801%20(Medium).jpg

EHEHEHEH sunroof :D

http://members.cox.net/odyssey37/images/tgp/IMG_5802%20(Medium).jpg

barely visible, but there.. I think I just need to take the grill off and clean the glass.

http://members.cox.net/odyssey37/images/tgp/IMG_5803%20(Medium).jpg

CS radio :lol: I'm giving the GP one back to gp90se.. wouldn't do anything but give me a theft lock display anyway when it turned on.

roughly ~140k miles, leather (more or less), sunroof, quad buckets, 19000(ish) way power seats, ported TB, and it's getting chipped really soon :wink:

Plans are to gut the interior and steam clean it, maybe try and reupholster the driver seat with my dad (he did our whole living room furniture set himself :shock: guy can anything but weld, and he wants to learn).

I want to get the garaged cleared out and garage it over the winter as I fix all the small shit and spend like 5 billion hours on the paint with every chemical known to man (it's not TOTALLY shot, but it's chipping here and there, back bumper's bad, hood roof and trunk lid are all mildly faded..).

I want it on the road in at least 95% mint condition by spring.

IMG_5804b%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_5805b%20(Medium).jpg

keys.jpg

Got Ws?

Kick ass!

keys.jpg

I have 8 sets. 2 for each w-body.

those are only my primary sets.. I also have like 2 sets of spares for the CS and I need to get some made for the TGP now. but christ, 4 dubyas huh? :shock:

good luck...

that's encouraging :lol: thanks :)

Congrats! :cheers: Looks like a fun little project to keep yourself busy for a while.

I noticed the busted signal lever. The Grand Ams and Calais' had the exact same lever and they're harder to come by nowadays, so if you go hunting for one in the boneyard, grab 2 or 3 of them. They'll most definitely break on you down the road, so better safe than sorry...

I hate seeing other peoples TGPs, it reminds me of my ride in Lukes, and makes me want to buy one.

Yah those keys look all to familiar....

I have 3 sets for both my cars, but I have a problem with losing/locking keys.

Not bad....Congrats on being a TGP owner!

As for the keys, we have a LOT of w-body keys. Two sets for each would put us at 8 sets as well ('90 TGP, '90 TSTE, '93 GP LE, '02 GTP), plus the keys to the '00 SSEi and the keys to the '93 Olds 88 puts us at WAY too many keys to keep track of.

Shawn

He has a spare column for the car, cauz the tilt is fucked. The car runs mint, but he already knows what work it needs. I had a lot of fun with it, but I have another project comming up and hopefully moving soon. the tranny is pretty new, the motor runs exellent, it has a vaccum leak from the evac line going from the gas tank (PLUG THAT). I put 3.4 injectors into it, the ported TB, a new fuel pump, and cleaned the upper intake.

Just to spoil some of his fun, a chip for the car is sitting next to me, theres a set of 94 rear brakes in the trunk, and if I can find it, a ported lower manifold for the car.

Good luck man, the car is a lot of fun to drive and if you have the time/money/energy, it will come back to being beautiful.

I want a N/A 3.1 owners, perspective on were you impressed with the TGP

Well if I am a 3.4 5-speed owner, and i was impressed by a TGP with only slight mods done to it, what do you think?

Talk about torque up the butthole...I am amazed that I beat it...That car ran through the gears fast.

his new 1/my old 1 with a boost leak making ~5psi and having a vaccum leak will chirp second and leave 40' patches if he knows what he's doing. if he fixes the TGP rim that has rash or buys a new 1, i dunno if the 245s will spin so well, but its got a whole lotta spunk for what it is. I can see that motor with a chip and a bigger intercooler running mid 14s without any major engine work.

Nice ride man. I love how those have rear buckets :) So is it a lot faster than the gutless?

I want a N/A 3.1 owners, perspective on were you impressed with the TGP

To answer both of you, let me just say "balls to the wall" :shock:

I'm so looking forward to having this thing on the road and raping ricers :D

and now....

MORE PICS!!!!!

IMG_5851%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_5864%20(Medium).jpg

the HUD glass was very dirty to say the least.. :blink:

IMG_5866%20(Medium).jpg

DAMN that's clear now.. it's like 3x as bright at night

IMG_5878%20(Medium).jpg

IMG_5880%20(Medium).jpg

I dropped the column today.. lets just say it's still dropped :evil: I can't get the fucking lower shaft back into the intermediate shaft coupling. Not to mention after about 4 hours of dicking around with the brake light switch, figuring out how it works and why I wasn't setting it right, I had it perfect then the column fell on the pedal and fucked it up again somehow :evil:

aaah, the joys of owning a project car...

ah, and note to all: should you randomly have loose hoses or connectors dangling loosely near the turbo, move them. the cruise control module isn't in there so the connector was just chillin.. or rather, meltin. the turbo mooshed good.

Hey... what happened to the one that was missing a front bumper and had some sorta ghetto looking chrome wheels on it?

that's the one I was expecting to see in this thread...

Guest TurboSedan
I can't get the fucking lower shaft back into the intermediate shaft coupling.

ah that bolt is a fun one. i cut away that gray colored rubber boot so i could have easier access to it. have a friend hold the column up and turn it until the shaft slides into place, then start theading that bolt in. definately a two person job, i don't even want to think of doing it by myself. good luck and congrats on the new TGP!

It was going to be a bitch and 3/4s trying to find a way to get it here, and gp90se's car was closer/driveable and cost about less than what it would've cost to get the other one here and get the sheet metal fixed. So, I e-mailed the other bidder, asked if he was still interested, he was, we worked out a deal, cleared it with the seller, and now he's going to pick up that car next week.

He doesn't know if he's going to part it or fix it, but looking at his feedback, a lot of his previous wins were for stuff related to GM motors and lots of random turbo stuff, so it should be in good hands.

I can't get the fucking lower shaft back into the intermediate shaft coupling.

ah that bolt is a fun one. i cut away that gray colored rubber boot so i could have easier access to it. have a friend hold the column up and turn it until the shaft slides into place, then start theading that bolt in. definately a two person job, i don't even want to think of doing it by myself. good luck and congrats on the new TGP!

Couldn't get the fucking shaft to just slide in though.. it's a very tight fit. I need to wedge something in between the gap to hold it open a bit while I try to slide it in, but nothing will go in very far or stay :evil: and GOD DAMN that boot.. I ended up sliding a screwdriver though the back side of the coupling to hold the boot back. and thanks :)