Wat the hell happened?

GrandPrix34

i got home 2day and when i shifted to park, a bunch of steam rose from under my hood. My temp gauge was under 200, so couldnt be that. Wat was it? i opened the hood and a bunch of steam seemed to be coming from where the headers collect at the downpipe... :?:

well any kinda liquid that contacts the exhaust manifold during or right after running is gunna make it steam/smoke. drive thru any big puddles lateley? anything leaking onto them?

Any steam coming from the car itself would render a noticable loss of radiator fluid. Squeeze the upper radiator house, and as long as you can hear fluid in there dont worry about the cooling system.

have you done any thing to the car latley like change the termostat(takes a long time for all the fluid to burn at least half hour? the hose is right above the ctross over. and the smell is it really steam, does it smell sweet or like oil. the distibutor cover is in the valley there and are known for leaking. orthe themostat housing gasket

well i just finished fixing my prob...turns out there is a hose that comes out of the cabin area and attached to the top bleed valve. you know, the second one around the throttlebodies height to the left ??

the hose had a huge whole in it for some reason! i found out the enxt day when i went 2 work my low coolant light was on not to mention my temp skyrocketing in about a min and a hlaf. I stopped at a Shamrock and bought some coolant and when i poured into the radiator, lo and behold, green liquid was all over the floor. The hole was HUGE! it literally gushed the coolant out onto the downpipe.

I bought some heator hose and replaced it WITHOUT taking off the plenum which was a bad idea (LONG LONG TIME, VERY VERY LITTLE SPACCE AND STUPID PEACE OF SHIT CLAMP THAT WAS ON THE ORIGINAL HOSE NEVER CAME LOOSE! IT TOOK 3 PEOPLE AND A NEW PAIR OF PRESSURE PLIERS TO GET IT TO WIGGLE!)

I started the engine and it smoked the same, but i guess it was just watever was soaked in the coolant before though. Oh by the way, i by passed the bleed valve thingy cuz it comes as one piece which was a PAIN IN THE ASS to remove and A PAIN IN THE ASS to ATTEMPT to put it how it was, so i just ran the heater hose from the cabin part to were the bleed valve used to be....any probs i might encounter?