gm remanufactured transmissions?

Marcus18

Guest BeausoleilRacing
That's not bad at all for a 4T60-HD. Our Montana needs a new tranny.. $1,800 with no where near that nice of a warranty. Where'd you get that quoted?

I'm afraid that my gf's 1998 Trans Sport will need one in the not to distant future... :cry:

That's not bad at all for a 4T60-HD. Our Montana needs a new tranny.. $1,800 with no where near that nice of a warranty. Where'd you get that quoted?

I'm afraid that my gf's 1998 Trans Sport will need one in the not to distant future... :cry:

TCC/Torque Converter problems?

Guest BeausoleilRacing

The van was used for pulling a larger trailer than it was designed for... I wasn't along when she bought it, but we would have ran like hell if I had known... I changed the tranny fluid, but it still slips on occasion. :cry:

he says it's the right one and they will need two weeks to build it and ship it here. so I'm going to go for it. it's a 36K mile warranty so pretty much one year.

marcus

Its a PITA to install, but if thats what you wanna do go for it. I'm paying $700 to get mine rebuilt...and they pulled the tranny and put it back in...its actually done besides all the little stuff like the kickdown cable. They said it should be done by tommarow at noon. It will have taken them a week and one day, but its a lot better than paying twice that to get it back a couple days sooner.

Shawn

Well I have the transmission on the ground already. I would have to put it back in to have someone rebuild it. unless I took it to them and then put it back in once they rebuilt it. I've been quoted $800 on the bench. but I don't know how good of a job they'll do.

I may contact them to find out what parts they'll use.

marcus

Mine's getting rebuilt when I go home in a week or so. The Sun Shell for 1,4 and R blew up. They are going to install a stronger one (with a warranty). The stock one is crap, from what I hear, so they said they'd put the better one in. New Tq Converter too. Just ask them to put the strongest stuff they can find in