cutty ram air hood?

ThunderBat

has anyone here done a ram air hood for their cutty?...whether its functional or not...added scoops or the whole hood...and if so where did you get it from?

I just think a twin scooped hood a'la 442 would look pretty cool...any feedback?

i agree, that cutty looks ugly with those hood scoops. But those scoops are just JC Whitney style. nothing special.

on a side note, when you have Nopi and Import Tuner as your fav. links, and that fart cannon on a cutty, you're a wanna be ricer.

i agree, that cutty looks ugly with those hood scoops. But those scoops are just JC Whitney style. nothing special.

on a side note, when you have Nopi and Import Tuner as your fav. links, and that fart cannon on a cutty, you're a wanna be ricer.

YEAH...PRETTY MUCH...i just saw his page cause he signed my guestbook on my cardomain page...(HE'S THE ONLY 1 too...WTF!?)...anywayz...i decided to check his out, but didnt wanna leave a message for him, cause i think his car is kinda fugly... :roll:

Just a thought. Has anyone ever done, or just thought of puting a small single ram air scoop deal just right above the airbox to force air in. Nothing huge like the whole "fake me out" Ram Air setup, but just a small functional scoop? Just an idea I've been thinking about.

I thought about that, and then running my WAI up into it to make it a ram air. I also thought about modifying the Grand Am Ram Air and using the "grilles" on the Cutlass Supreme to draw in air for it, but I don't know if that would work.

I know its not a cutty but this is what the ram air looks like on my z

380486_57_full.jpg

This is a functional hood made by me. these are the scoops that you can get from jegs or summit or jc whitney. I made a mold of them out of fiberglass cut them in half and extended them the lenght of the hood. The cut out is right above my intake so fresh cold air comes in there and the hot air escapes out of the stock vents on a z hood. Hope that helps a lillte.

I'm gonna try another chop this weekend when I'm off and I can take a little time at it...what I really have in mind are the W-30 style hoods. The twin intake style, long rectangular slots near the leading edge of the hood.

I'm not sure which year model they came on but I think it was early 70s.

How about instead of a scoop, a hood vent...

face it you guys want Z34/GTP hood louvers...you are all just mad cause Cutties never came with 'em :lol: :lol:

...btw, i got an extra set of louvers/baffels if anyone wants 'em