w-bodys_are_the_best

hey, i was just wondering about my cutlass, the struts are completely shot, they're so bad you go straight down the highway and hit a good bump, and the back just starts rattling, and the rear end goes side to side a little, and you don't dare try and corner with it, unless you like unexpected 180's and goin in the ditch, If you tap the brakes at the stop sign you can get it to getto hop and the back tires almost come of the ground. anyways i was wondering, i'm used to older vehicles, i know a lil bit about the suspension in the rear, but not everything, i was wondering since i've let them go too long, is there anything else i should check for replacing back there, i've never delt with struts before, i used to have some older RWD cars and seemed they were all let go too long too, so they're springs were shot and the ass would sag down so i put in those overload spring shocks to lift them back up, is there any similar problems with struts or how does that work, is it gunna sit back up when i put struts in? I would also like to know while i'm putting in struts, any reccomendations or just put in the cheap ones? i'd like it to handle better, if somone could recomend some good performance struts maybe i could find them cheap enuf on good ol' ebay, and anything else i can do back there to help handling, it's a 94 cutlass supreme SL, has new 215-60 16's, i need to replace the struts bad because the pass. side is alot worse then the drivers side, so when you hit a bump it bounces once or twice then starts doin this side to side shimmy in the back, more then likely cause of my driving habits, maybe if i dint use that damn e-brake so much and always turn left the pass one wouldnt be so bad, but what i'm thinking is i really don't want it doing that side to side shimmy in the winter on ice, that probably wouldnt end up very good, anyways let me know thanks.