WHAT THE $%^# alternator?! *solved - fking fuses*

GutlessSupreme

Alright. CS died on me Saturday. I was just cruisin along and I noticed the voltage dropping.. fuck. car died, I figured it was the alt. Thing just wouldn't charge. I finally got a chance to swap the alt. from the TGP aaaand... FUCK! It STILL won't CHARGE!!!! It starts, holds around 14.4 volts for 7 seconds or so, then just starts dropping off...

what the hell could be wrong? :(

hey what motor do you have, i have the 3100, and i was in a hurry putting it in and wasn't watching carefully, and one thing to check which i didn't is i accidently pinched the wire underneath the alternator, and it wouldn't charge either i finally figured that out, it's hard to see, and the wire was all melted and i had to re-wire it, so check for that, cause thats how i fuctup it's easy to do if u were in a hurry when u put it in

need to replace steering column, fix ebrake, fix brake light switch, replace a bunch of bulbs, figure out it's random no-crank problem, fix the front bumper so it isn't rubbing the pass. tire when I turn, swap on good tires, get registered, inspected, insured...

yea.

need to replace steering column, fix ebrake, fix brake light switch, replace a bunch of bulbs, figure out it's random no-crank problem, fix the front bumper so it isn't rubbing the pass. tire when I turn, swap on good tires, get registered, inspected, insured...

yea.

Well at least you will have some work to do :lol: Do you have any pics or anything?

For some reason my volt gauge was showing a line below 13 and the car came with a new battery and alternator last year. Also my car starts up fine, is there anything i should be worried about?

SORRY ABOUT THE HIJACK!