another driver side power window problem

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

my driver window won't go down sometimes. for the first year i owned the car the switch wouldn't do anything and i never opened the window at all. one day i decided to pound on the window with my fist while holding the switch down and it worked! now the window goes down most of the time, but sometimes it will stick and i have to pound on the window again to make it go down. i never have a problem with the window going back up however (thank god). what could be causing this? :think:

i've replaced the switches (for another reason) and still have the same problem.

My drivers side window in the 93 did that when the motor got weak and then one day it finally quit working all together(thankfully the window was up all the way). I replaced it a while back, was a little bit of a pain in the ass due to the door entry space(s) being small....make sure you look at how everything is aligned the best you can if you do replace the motor(or else it can be a pain to get everything back in right).

hey, my 94 cutlass does the same thing, you gotta do the fonzy move on her every once in awhile, i was going to replace the motor, but my friend who has owned 7 cutlass's said it happens alot so i just hit it now, i looked at the motor rivited in there, and decided i was gunna be lazy, and would rather hit it since he was telling me they usually will keep going like that.

it seems like since i first posted about my power windows not working right that eveybody else has similiar problems all of a sudden

...wierd

Yea i noticed that also.