More Probs With The Cutty

CodeRedZ24

well i just got it out of the shop last week for a bad fuel pump now the electrical system is crapping out my battery level keeps going down and down i also do hear a fate wine form the motor so i`m thinking 1 of 3 things

1. short

2. battery

3. alternator

any opinions if this stuff keeps up i`ll sell the car next spring or so and buy something else 3.4 DOHC are a PITA

3.4 DOHC are a PITA

what else is new... :roll: thats why im hesitant to buy one, dont wanna be droppin $$ into it every month. unless i find one thats low mileage and perfect.

sorry to hear about your bad cutty luck man,

Alts are fun on the 3.4 DOHC. What takes 10-20mins on a 2.8/3.1 takes hours on the 3.4. It'll only cost you an entire afternoon though.

Not like it takes weeks of labor or anything.

Yea, if I can change a DOHC alternator, then anyone can.

i just dont have the time and i need it back up and running with my new job and school i go to class at 8 in the am then get home fomr work after 7 so i dont have any CAR TIME till the weekend and i need to get started on my winter projects for my Z24

i just dont have the time and i need it back up and running with my new job and school i go to class at 8 in the am then get home fomr work after 7 so i dont have any CAR TIME till the weekend and i need to get started on my winter projects for my Z24

It shouldn't even take 6hrs for a beginner with nothing more than basic hand tools. Just one night, load up on coffee and pull an all-nighter.

It shouldn't even take 6hrs for a beginner with nothing more than basic hand tools. Just one night, load up on coffee and pull an all-nighter.

Yea make some sacrifices and go for it :lol:

well the shop called $400 US thats about 100 for the alt then 300 for labor which i pretty much figured

like i said guys i just dont have the time if it had a 2.8/3.1/3100/3400 motor then yeah i`d go ahead and do it myself i just dont want to mess with 3.4 dohc crap