Cardomain- Monte Carlo and S2000 turbo, stereo, and suspensi

timg

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/719379/1

Here's my Cardomain page. I just made it. I have info and pics on almost every mod on both of my cars. I think it will be VERY easy to tell that I have modified both with one thing in mind- me. Almost every mod was to make them faster (in a straight line and around corners) and sound better.

Page 1 - intro with some quick pics of my cars

Page 2 - S2000 turbo pics and info

Page 3 - S2000 stereo pics and info

Page 4 - Monte Carlo turbo pics and info

Page 5 - Monte Carlo stereo pics and info

Page 6 - Monte Carlo suspension and brakes pics and info

Please let me know what you think! Thanks.

Tim

Guest TurboSedan

dam i wish i had more time to check out your S2000 a few weeks ago...i wanted to take a ride in that thing! and i didn't know the turbo in your Monte was that big :shock: i guess i thought you had a hybrid. that turbine looks freaking huge!

so which car is faster? :)

wow i love the turbo on the 3.4. Does that turbo seem to be working for it? How much did you spend on the project? And have you thought of mating it with a gertag 284 5 speed?

It's definitely working for it. It's been on for about 20k miles and I've loved every moment of it.

I spent under $3000.

Turbo 550

Wastegate 180

FMU 175

Piping 150

Gauges 150

Coating 100

Misc Plumbing 400

BOV 20

Intercooler 450

Boost Controller 65

Mini-AFC 135

Fuel Pump 115

Install 500

Total 2,990

Thought about mating it to a 284, but that's a lot of work and I don't really have the time to do it or a place to do it. I really haven't spent much time at home or in any one place since I graduated.

Tim

dam i wish i had more time to check out your S2000 a few weeks ago...i wanted to take a ride in that thing! and i didn't know the turbo in your Monte was that big :shock: i guess i thought you had a hybrid. that turbine looks freaking huge!

:) Maybe another time you'll be able to see it all. I have tuned it quite a bit better since then. That night I actually ran into a 700 hp Supra... When we raced he was only putting down 500 or so horsepower to the wheels, but he still pulled pretty hard. I had been expecting mild bolt ons and thought I could hang with him, but there's no way I can hang with a 500+ hp car. Turned out he had a T88 and had just bought the car...

The Monte turbo is HUGE. It's a great turbo for 500 hp Supras or FD's and some 5.0 Mustang guys also use it. The turbine housing is probably the best part and it should make awesome power because of it.

I don't know which is quicker. I'll probably have to take them to the track to find out. The Monte still tops out at 115 mph and the S2000 should be over 160 mph so eventually the S2000 would win no matter what!

Tim

Guest TurboSedan

:) Maybe another time you'll be able to see it all. I have tuned it quite a bit better since then. That night I actually ran into a 700 hp Supra... When we raced he was only putting down 500 or so horsepower to the wheels, but he still pulled pretty hard. I had been expecting mild bolt ons and thought I could hang with him, but there's no way I can hang with a 500+ hp car. Turned out he had a T88 and had just bought the car...

Tim

was that Supra here in Gillette? wow :shock: btw my brother said he'd like to race your Monte (or S2K) with his Omni GLH someday :D

get 'em to the dyno! later man

was that Supra here in Gillette? wow :shock: btw my brother said he'd like to race your Monte (or S2K) with his Omni GLH someday :D

get 'em to the dyno! later man

Yeah, it was- that's why I assumed that it wouldn't be that fast. The guy just happened to be passing through on the way back to Portland. He'd flown to Michigan to pick up the car.

I'll definitely be up for racing him someday. He probably has one of the faster cars in town!

Tim

Tim, i think i remember you back from the EFI street days? am i correct? or were you a member here a while ago...but i deffinitly remember your monte and when you were going through the beggining stages of turboing it

I've been around since EFI and I was even on the yahoo boards in the start! It's definitely been a while. :)

no track times yet- I actually have gone twice but been unable to go through tech

My 3.4 is 100% stock with 140k miles. I've run over 10 psi without any damage.

The turbo can have full boost before 3000 rpm in higher gears, BUT there's enough lag that in first gear it doesn't make full boost until 3500 rpm. The turbo is quite large and it definitely takes some time to spool up. A ball bearing center section would be a HUGE help. I've thought about a smaller turbine housing, but that would really just be a band-aid and would probably cost me more power than it was worth.

Tim

Guest TurboSedan

I don't know which is quicker. I'll probably have to take them to the track to find out. The Monte still tops out at 115 mph and the S2000 should be over 160 mph so eventually the S2000 would win no matter what!

Tim